Help - Fairchild C-123 Air America

AshleyW

Hi all. I need help.

I love this plane but like to keep my flight's as real as possible.

My problem is, the right fuel tank always stay's at 100% even after

the left is empty! Therefore no accurate fuel count!

Is there a way that I can accurately" fix this or a program to convert

.CFG files into layman's terms?

Aircraft is for fs2004: c123zhv3.zip Fairchild C-123 Provider. Air America""

Any help appreciated.

I thank all all builder's and painters (painted my first here) for their work.

Would my problem be the plane or the panel?

Please help a girl on a tour?:confused:

Visit my server home page www,froggiespond.boards.com[

Flight Memory Maps represent my current area of operations

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/AshleyW.gif

Hi Ashley,

This plane has two fuel tanks but there are no fuel tank selectors on the panel at all and in the aircraft.cfg file there's only one.

Here's how to fix it:

Open the aircraft.cfg file with Notepad and search for [fuel]

Change the line: number_of_tank_selectors=1

to: number_of_tank_selectors=2

Save and close aircraft.cfg.

Open the Panel folder and open the panel.cfg file with Notepad.

Scroll down to [Window00] and change gauge13 from:

gauge13=kingair!Throttle Quadrant, 874,617,167,149

to:

gauge13=Beech_Baron!Engine Controls Unit, 874,617,167,149

Save and close panel.cfg

This will give you a throttle quadrant on the 2D panel with working fuel selectors for both tanks built-in.

As the man said: "Don't worry, I crash better than anyone I know!"

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Do what Tiger says. That is the definite 'Best Answer' and solution. Easy to do. Copy paste in/out using Notepad. Dbl Click to open Aircraft.cfg and Panel.cfg to add the lines he posted. No need to re-write cfg (hehe). But to be safe SAVE a copy (right click on file, click 'Copy', right click anywhere (on white space) and pick 'Paste'. You now have 'aircraft-copy of.cfg' or 'panel-copy of.cfg' just in case. The changes are permanent so should put you in business. Happy flying. I also love the C-123. But I use a different panel. Zhyhulskiy does good looking models. It's the panels, etc that sometimes fail. No biggee. We fix them ALL here at the FltSimCom forums (ha).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I did as Tiger instructed and all is well. Thank you. :cool:

I am interested in a better panel though. The one in the package, Right ignition switch

does nothing at all! The left switch start's BOTH engines! Not realistic! Suggestions?

Thanks MRzippy - nice panel, put it also does not have ignition switches. I guess I will have to continue with Ctrl+E

Thank's all of you for trying.

Was thinking, (dangerous for a girl) - I have the lockheed L-10e l10eae01.zip

Would it be functional in the C-123?

The L-10 requires manual fuel selection and also has a center tank. That's what I'm

concerned about. (Center tank was a modification for Amelia Earhart.).

Sorry to drag this on, I like the plane but I also prefer realistic as can be - especially

start-up and shut down.

Thanks MRzippy - nice panel, put it also does not have ignition switches. I guess I will have to continue with Ctrl+E

Thank's all of you for trying.

Like changing the throttle assy over to the Baron to give you the fuel switches, I would bet that the double ignition switches could be used on your new panel. I might investigate it for you!;)

UPDATE: placed the switches, looked mediocre. Why do these guys keep using popup King Air throttles???

Will continue to investigate!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Upon further review.....c123zh_2011v2.zip available from the AVSIM library.

This aircraft has a great 2D panel with appropriate throttle assy. and a very nice VC. Popup panels for fuel switches and crossfeed, engine start switches, etc. You can choose to use this whole aircraft or just borrow the panel folder for your aircraft.

Upon further review.....c123zh_2011v2.zip available from the AVSIM library.

This aircraft has a great 2D panel with appropriate throttle assy. and a very nice VC. Popup panels for fuel switches and crossfeed, engine start switches, etc. You can choose to use this whole aircraft or just borrow the panel folder for your aircraft.

That's the point of this thread! The switche's as in the D/L are not working! Same problem with panel mrzippy posted. I get no-where with the right side engine!

Would reinstall help. I'm a new girl with this crap!

You say "Thisaircraft"- I loaded as was packaged.All was fine until trying to restart. Absolutly NO right side engine functions.

I'm at a lose here - about to just delete the dang thing completely!

I just did a couple of hi speed taxi tests with the downloaded aircraft from AVSIM. At the end of each run I did a complete engine shutdown, waited a few minutes and then did successful restarts of both engines for another taxi run down the runway. At no time did I have unresponsive right-side engines.

My engine start procedure was as follows: Battery on, left ignition switch to LEFT, right engine switch to LEFT. Flip engine start switch to on and apply a small amount of throttle. Now both left and right ignition switches to RIGHT flip engine start switch with a little throttle,both engines running, turn on both generators, and both ignition switches to BOTH position.

Did this procedure about 4 different times. No problems with engine startup or restart after shutdown.

Archived