Well, problems continue.

I finally got a x45 throttle to go with my x45 stick. I removed the drivers, and then reinstalled them. Go int toe calibration screen, and it's still doing the same thing. Stick works fine, but throttle doesn't register correctly, and about halfway to all the way backi got nothing, no stick, no buttons, nothing. It's Windows 10, so I am sure it's a compatibility thing, or it's a setting somewhere that didn't get removed when I uninstalled the drivers. Anybody got any insights for me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To rule thatout, dab some contact spray on the contacts between stick and throttle.

If that doesn't help, check both for broken cables.

I see a lot of reports about software problems. But I can't see anything definite on that.

There's always the option of cutting the end of the throttle cable and soldering only the wires you need to a usb connector. Ten you could just connect the throttle as separate device.

I did that once with an old casefan. Had an old usb cable laying around. Cut the end off. Found the negative and ground wire in it.

Then twisted them each together with the two cables coming from the fan, and covered with some sticky tape. Plugged it into a usb port and used it as a cooler for my external harddrive. (and sometimes as a desk fan.;) ) Fun.

If just using logic... Both throttles doing exactly the same. It's either a problem with the stick, or the software. (Or null zones set incorrectly in the software perhaps even.).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After finally getting them taken apart and cleaned out, I think the stick is bad. It isn't reading the throttle right, and I have a X dead zone of 34% and a Y dead zone of 19%. I am not sure it's worth messing with too much for a second hand stick. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Archived