Xplane will not start

wrk218

After the installation of the disks to the desk top as per the instructions I then proceded to put in the # 1 disk and hit Run now. Nothing happened as the "Task Manager " stated the X Plane was not responding. So I unloaded it and proceded to reinstall the disks. Same result. I contacted Pilot Shop requesting a refund. Surprise , none for software. So I will ask you all for some suggestions before I put in a non payment through PayPal. My specs are as follows,

Home built (# 2 )

WINDOWS 7 64 BIT HOME PREMIUM

INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.00GHZ

DUAL CHANNEL DDR3 @ 666MHz

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (SOCKET1150)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (ASUSSTEK Computer Inc.)

3 SSD 250 - 280 BG

1 931 GB WESTERN DIGITAL HHD

oTTO

There is a log file that is generated with every start of X Plane. That may provide some clues.

Also, make sure you have given enough time for XP to start. The first few times it takes some time for the program to start.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Windows expects apps to respond quickly. If that takes longer, windows will say not responding if you click on the app. But that doesn't mean nothing is happening. It's probably still busy startin up, and taking a bit longer.

On my pc sometimes after with many explorer windows open, and looking in a .zip as well, I click something in the explorer window, and get a popup "not responding, close, wait for response, or cancel"

If I click close, the whole explorer process is closed, with a lot of concequences. So I don't click that!

Usually I just click "wait for response" and give it some time. Works great.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I reloaded but did not do the update. Then I put in the disk #1 and the game started. Now that it runs, programing my joy stick, pedals looks to be a monumental task, with all of the items in the settings. I don't know of any stick or yoke that can use all of them. When these guys make a new sim why then do they insist on adding all of these settings which can never be used. Do we really need "as real as it gets" to enjoy flight simming?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived