Nanaimo to Tipella in a Beech Bonanza A36 Float Plane

jfwright

This is a flight taken in the A36 Float Plane from DreamFleet. It's not a real plane in RL but DreamFleet packaged it with their A36 plane just for fun. I like the plane but the low wing floater makes it hard to get next to a dock. Scenery is all ORBX.

(Click pictures to enlarge them)

Here's the A36 next to the dock at Nanaimo. You can't see the wing radar pod from this angle but the plane is fitted with weather radar.

A36-1.jpg

Rear seats folded forwarded to load my bags. I am meeting my friend Sam at Tipella for a weekend of fishing.

A36-2.jpg

Getting into the cockpit for a quick pre-flight check. I did a full check before moving the plane to the dock. Doing a pre-flight check on a float plane bobbing in the water while in a raft can be an interesting challenge.

A36-3.jpg

The engine is turbocharged to handle the extra weight due to the floats. This plane has plenty of power and can cruise pretty fast.

A36-4.jpg

I asked one of the men standing next to this girl if he would make sure my right wing cleared that locker at the end of the dock as I pulled out. A low wing floater has it's problem.

A36-5.jpg

A direct flight path to Tipella was entered into the GPS.

A36-6.jpg

Engine started. The co-pilot from the other float plane stands ready to watch my right wing as I exit the dock.

A36-7.jpg

I managed to clear the dock locker without his help. Thanks for being there just in case.

A36-8.jpg

Lot of boat traffic in the channel so I headed out to open water.

A36-9.jpg

Throttles advanced for takeoff.

A36-10.jpg

Leaving Nanaimo.

A36-11.jpg

A little hazy but a great day for a flight.

A36-12.jpg

Rest of flight in next post.

I am a King Air fan. [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's the rest of the flight.

(Click pictures to enlarge them)

That's Vancouver off to the right. They are keeping an "eye" on me as I fly thorough their airspace.

A36-13.jpg

The channel off to the left leads to Squamish.

A36-14.jpg

Leveling off at my cruise altitude. Nice view of Vancouver in the distance.

A36-15.jpg

This area is beautiful but very rough terrain. Wonder if that's new snow on the mountains this time of year.

A36-16.jpg

Lots of mountains, valleys, lakes, and rivers. Wonderful area.

A36-17.jpg

Time to disengage the AP, stop Vancouver's Flight Follow, switch to Tipella's frequency, reduce power, and lose some altitude. I am going to drop into the valley just off to the left.

A36-18.jpg

Tippela is off to the right. You can just see the dirt runway back there between lots of trees. Since I don't have wheels I need to use the water.

A36-19.jpg

There was no traffic in the area so I took some liberty where I landed.

A36-20.jpg

Heading over to the float plane area.

A36-21.jpg

The boat and float plane repair shop is on the left. The township of Tipella is buried behind trees on the right.

A36-22.jpg

Plane shut down and anchored. Sam used the motorized raft over there to get me ashore.

A36-23.jpg

Here's a bird's eye view of Tipella.

A36-24.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the flight.

Great looking floatplane shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

The Dreamfleet Bonanza was a truly awesome model - I miss it so much. The pictures are so nice!!!

How on earth did you get it to operate within the FSX simulator? I cannot get my Archer III and Dakota 236 models to load, so I've never tried the Bonanza. I lost the use of the when I made the move to Windows7 64bit... and of course Windows10 64bit was the same story. ~Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Hi Glenn. Thanks for the nice comments. I have both the DreamFleet Baron 58 and Bonanza A36 ported over to FSX (I use Windows 7 - Professional). I did the port over many years ago but remember both were a major pain. I recall both planes would load into FSX but none of the gauges would work; exception was the RA. So, I bit the bullet and replaced all gauges with "equivalent" ones from payware or freeware FSX planes. Some gauges needed adjustment to match DreamFleet variables. The A36 Float Plane was my latest port over I did several years ago. This specific model only has a VC but uses eight 2D pop-up panels to make flying it very easy. Here's a picture showing all eight 2D pop-up panels. The plane may look dated as the textures are not high quality but it flies GREAT. I normally fly with 3 monitors now and in heavy scenery areas this plane (as well as my other port overs) is easy on frame rates and has little impact on VAS. Jim

A36 Float Pop-ups.jpeg

Archived