FSX:SE traffic add ons?

mindframe85

Which one is compatible with SE? I was going to try out World of AI, but does it also change ATC livery communications too? Cause that would be a good feature included. Not sure what to go with. All depends on which one is compatible. Also, which add on has updates on new liveries. I'm thinking of going with WOAI, but I just don't know if it has realistic ATC communications. Let me know. Thanks guys.

I just don't know if it has realistic ATC communications. Let me know. Thanks guys.

Realistic ATC communications are the same for all types of AI Aircraft. EditVoicepack is what will help with ATC communications and call signs.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If by "realistic ATC livery communication" you mean "will ATC call the airlines by their proper names", then yes, ATC will do that. But not because of the traffic addon, but according to FSXs internal database of airline name sound snippets. If the ATC system does not know the airline, then it will call the aircraft by the ATC ID or tail number.

To improve the FSX internal ATC sound database, so that it knows more and more recent airlines too, you can use EditVoicePack.

Apart from that, there are separate ATC addons using their own system and sounds, which you may or may not find to be superior to the FSX ATC. Radar Contact, PF3, VoxATC, to name a few.

As a general rule, if it works in FSX Boxed it works in FSX-SE. Not always, but usually.

The biggest problem many auto-installed programs have with SE is finding it. Steam has "buried" the FSX folder, and all it's subfolders, naturally, somewhat deeper in it's folder structure than Microsoft did originally. For example, Steam puts FSX into it's folder structure thus: D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX, whereas originally, it was just put into D:\Games\FSX.

So, it's a good bet that a software that worked fine with the "old" FSX, will work fine with FSX-SE, but it may need help finding it, is all. Hope that helps a little :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived