Posky 777 High Altitude Cruise

I have tried turning on the pitot heat, which made absolutely no difference. I am controlling my speed with the Speed Hold and Autothrottle. If I slow down, the nose is too far up. I don't have this problem. I don't have this problem at FL310 or lower, but I would like to be able to climb to higher altitudes.

I downloaded this quite a few months ago, and honestly can not remember where from.

I have tried turning on the pitot heat, which made absolutely no difference.

You had the Pitot Tube Heat on from the start of the flight, not just trying it when at altitude? With so many POSKY 777 downloads to choose from, and repainters and uploaders making their own "little" changes to the .air files and aircraft.cfg, it will be hard to give an exact answer to your problem.

Didn't you have a thread several weeks ago describing this same scenario? Might have been someone else?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I have no idea whether the Pitot heat is on or off, as i can see nowhere that indicates it. I am turning it on using the keyboard command, as there appears to not be a switch for it on the 777 panel.

Also, I have previously cruised level at the correct speed at high altitude with the POSKY 777 without using the pitot heat.

UPDATE: Assuming FSX starts with the pitot heat off, I have tried climbing with it on, and it made absolutely no difference. I can't slow down without the nose pointing up about 15 degrees, and using down trim will cause it to speed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you try carrying less amount of fuel? Maybe you are overloaded.

And just to confirm, flaps, spoilers and gears are in their retracted positions?

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

bump

Think logically. Nose up means you are too heavy. It has NOTHING to do with whether your pitot heat is on or not and I have no idea why you were advised in that direction as the only - ONLY - impact of pitot heat at altitude is to zero the airspeed indicator if the pitot freezes.

Instead you need to look to your Cof G and trim settings. Most large airliners of the 777 generation will use a step climb procedure so they climb in increments as the fuel is burnt off, or they choose a loadout that permits a direct-to-height climb profile.

You were asked specifically whether you understand the difference between IAS hold and Mach hold. I see nothing yet to indicate you understand the difference. Please confirm you do by telling us what that difference is, at what FL you are transitioning, and what `speed` you are holding?

Hi ryanspringer2294,

A number of questions to consider;

Are you using the FMC?

Do you use VNAV during climb to altitude?

Are you getting overspeed warnings?

I have just flown Posky 777 to 35K under FMC and VNAV. The autopilot adjusts the airspeed to maintain .84 Mach, in effect the indicated airspeed drops the higher altitude you go. If you try to maintain indicated airspeed at say 330 you will get overspeed warnings.

If you tell us which Posky 777 model and .air file you have we may be able to help more. You can get these from the simobjects/airplanes/Boeing 777 folder. In my instance, the model is "OS773ERV2--L_VC", with an air file "Boeing 777-300ER General Electric 90-115B1.air".

regards

Algenon

• 1 month later...

Archived