New to fsx & FlightSim - Need help with Expeditor add-on.

unicorn38

I have been interested in sims, whether Trains or Planes to fill my days since retirement. Mostly, I have been concentrating on MSTS and would like to try MSFS. I just installed FSX yesterday and in browsing discovered an add-on aircraft I would like to install. It is the Beech Expeditor MK III. I downloaded the files - fsx_beech_expeditor_mk_iii_v2_1_part_1.zip and fsx_beech_expeditor_mk_iii_v2_1_part_2.zip. I have read the Readme a number of times but am stymied as to what exactly is required to install. I don't want to mess my first install, so I am looking for help.

Here is the Readme -

Start Readme:

This is a standalone package of the Beech Expeditor Mk.III in civilial cargo wheeled and float versions for use in FSX. It is based on

FS9 D18S aircraft by Milton Shupe, so to operate it you need to add original files - models, basic texture, gauges and effects, which can be taken from the original

packages (wheed version - D18SVC4.zip and d18scarg.zip at Simviation, float plane - D18SFL.zip from Milton Shupe webpage: http://www.gjsmith.net/Milton_Shupe/d18s/float.htm)

or from previously uploaded at Flightsim FSX Beech Expeditor modifications (fsx_beech3nm_n9540.zip, fsx_d18s_3nm_fl.zip).

Installation instruction is enclosed.

This Expeditor Mk.III package provides:

- a new instrument panel and a radio-controls overhead as they could be configured in 1950-60s with a set of old-style radio- and navigation gauges;

- new flight dynamics, providing spinnablity, which makes you to be careful when maneuvering at a low speed;

- two models of the Lear L2 autopilot – B and C;

- realistic operations, so you must always keep your eye on the engine and airspeed gauges, or you can lose your engine, flaps and undercarriage;

- accurate engine start-up procedure;

- improved sound;

- 4 liveries for the wheeled version and two – for the float one.

For more details read the enclosed user's guide.

Credits: to Milton Shupe and his team for their fantastic plane; to Gunter (teson1) for his perfect RealEngine gauge.

Vladimir Gonchar

blanik@bk.ru

Finish Readme:

I have searched through the two zips but haven't found any further info. I also downloaded the two files mentioned in the Readme - fsx_beech3nm_n9540.zip, fsx_d18s_3nm_fl.zip, but didn't find any other info. My question is how do I install this aircraft to FSX.

Thanks,

Brian

PS There were two Expeditors on base when I was in the RCAF. Mainly used as taxis.

From the README file:

to operate it you need to add original files - models, basic texture, gauges and effects, which can be taken from the original

packages (wheed version - D18SVC4.zip and d18scarg.zip at Simviation, float plane - D18SFL.zip from Milton Shupe webpage: www.gjsmith.net/Milton_Shupe/d18s/float.htm)

or from previously uploaded at Flightsim FSX Beech Expeditor modifications (fsx_beech3nm_n9540.zip, fsx_d18s_3nm_fl.zip).

It's a shame the uploader did it this way and labeled it a "complete" aircraft.

From the Library download this:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 General Aviation

FS2004 Beechcraft D18S

[ Download | View ]

Name: d18svc4.zip

Size: 16,755,388 Date: 06-25-2005 Downloads: 27,251

FS2004 Beechcraft D18S. VC and no-VC models included. Package includes Gmax aircraft with "hand-flyer" flight dynamics and features a beautiful custom era correct panel and easy-to-read virtual cockpit, photoreal exterior textures and gauges, matching interior, VC gauge backlighting, specular highlites in the VC and HTML checklists. Sounds recommended for this aircraft are BA_GBR.ZIP by Mike Hambly. By Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Andre Folkers.

5 Comments

d18.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 1 month later...

Archived