Ships in FSX

haroldb

What am I doing wrong I want to use an aircraft carrier I d/l'ed in FSX, but it "splashes" how do I use a ship in FSX accel.

Thanks in advance

It "splashes"?? Are you trying to fly this aircraft carrier? Are you looking for aircraft carriers to land on? Look up AICarriers in the Library or do a search on the web. I'll bet Pat will come on and give a dissertation on AICarriers.net. ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That was my main question: Are you trying to sail the carrier around and look at "stuff" from that perspective, or are you trying to set a carrier on course in the ocean, and then do CQ's on it?

The answer will determine what the correct response will be.

It's just an opinion, and my opinion, but AICarriers.NET seems to work much better than the original version, which was Java based. It uses much less in the way of computer resources.

Ok, long, detailed discourse on AICarriers.NET being better all done :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

If you have Acceleration then you already have 'moving' carriers. The problem is finding them. Right? Right! First set your 'Ship' traffic to 51%. Then go find the one moving into San Francisco Bay. It's heading is 68. You need to set your 'World\Time & Season' to any Saturday, 2016 is ok, and 17:30 hrs (PST) / (01:07 zulu). You fly straight West about 5 miles from Golden Gate (take off from KSFO) and you should find it. Use top down view zoomed out. You can see it's wake.

There are other carriers you can fly to, at different locations, days and times. East Coast: Norfolk Naval Sta. Hawaiian Islands: Pearl Harbor. Here is jpg of schedule.

Chuck B

Napamule

FSX Accel Carriers.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

What am I doing wrong I want to use an aircraft carrier I d/l'ed in FSX, but it "splashes" how do I use a ship in FSX accel.

Thanks in advance

Like other guys have said, there are already carriers in FSX so you don't need to d/l one if you don't want.

Below is the static one near the Golden Gate bridge, and there are also moving ones.

Check the posts and pretty pictures of FSX carriers on pages 6,7,18 and 35 of this sensational thread-

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?248567-How-do-you-keep-FSX-interesting

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/FSX-carrier-pfs.gif

"Where do we get such men? They leave this ship and they do their job. Then they must find this speck lost somewhere on the sea. When they find it, they have to land on its pitching deck. Where do we get such men?"- Rear Admiral Tarrant: The Bridges at Toko-Ri

yes a pilotable ship I d'led how do I start on a course in open water?

What I did with the HMS Bounty was to start at a water site like Sitka, Alaska. I'm sure there are other sites that have water runways. You'll just have to search around.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

A way to get ship to water:

*switch off "crash detect",

*go to airport near water, on runway. You'll not get crash.

*switch to "top down view" to see aircraft and airport from above,

*zoom out, untill you see the water as well.

*press 'y' key, for slew mode.

*use arrow keys to move the aircraft left-right-up-down. Once left-starts moving left, once right-stops again. More presses is move faster. Also press more to stop.

*when in water press 'y' to exit slew mode. If you press 'y' while moving it stops too, can be very usefull if forgot how many presses to stop.

If you want, save in that position, switch crash detect back on, and load the saved flight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A way to get ship to water:

You can get a ship to water, but you can't make it sink..that's not right...

:D :D :D

*use arrow keys to move the aircraft left-right-up-down. Once left-starts moving left, once right-stops again. More presses is move faster. Also press more to stop.

Just a note, I use my joystick in slew mode. The farther I move it off center, the faster the plane (or whatever) moves. Left/right, forward or back. Can even rotate on it axis with the rudder twist of the stick. Only thng I can't do is move the plane vertically, but I use the Q and A keys for that.

If I want to slew a plane someplace, but leave it flying, I just have to move it forward at the right speed, then hit Y to exit slew and voila! I'm flying. When I exit slew mode moving forward, it doesn't stop, it keeps on going.

Hope that helps :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

When you are in slew mode F4 moves the 'sim object' UP until you press Num 5. Press F1 to move 'sim object' DOWN until you touchdown. Then you press 'Y' key and press F1 to cut throttle. If the cnt pts (or floats) are 'right' you won't crash (to 500 ft) and can proceed.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 2 years later...

Thanks in advance

How's it going? Absolutely NONE of these guys on this thread actually get what it is that you're trying to do, OR what you're talkin' about. You already know about the bland looking default aircraft carriers in FSX. I can't say "why" it is that this crash in the water keeps happening with the controllable ships AND submarines (Russian and French) that you can download that also "splash"/crash as soon as you put them in the water. Therefore, this is going to be an awkward, but maybe a fun thing to add on to what can AND IS a multi-player capable solution as well. Notice the following download link and get the FSN (Flight Sim Nation) aircraft carrier at the bottom of the page. There won't be any gauges to install or files to move around. Just remember, if you're using Steam like I am, the install is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/FSX.. otherwise, if you got Microsoft Games, then you know the routine. Just one installer. That's it. After you're done, it will show up on your aircraft list and go ahead and use the map and move it out in the water about +4 feet ASL. It will settle, and please let me know what happens then. That's the first thing. Now, as far as your other ship, here is what I did. I'm assuming you've already installed and operated the FSN aircraft carrier from the bottom of this page: https://simviation.com/1/browse-Misc-58-51 and you are navigating it around in the ocean {?} So, since your other ship doesn't work, open up the .cfg file or main "aircraft".cfg with notepad on the non working ship. Copy that non-working aircraft.cfg (ship) and put the copy somewhere. Call it Aircraft_2.cfg or whatever. Now, open the non working .cfg and look at some of the stuff in it, you got [flightsim.0] and everything and CAMERA VIEWS. You probably have [lights] in there too , right. You wanna leave stuff like that alone. That's not the problem. The problem starts around actions like contact points or something that looks similar to this: "

[pitot_static]

vertical_speed_time_constant=1 //Increasing this value will cause a more instantaneous reaction in the VSI

pitot_heat=1.000000

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]

max_gross_weight=140000 // (pounds)

empty_weight=90000 // (pounds)

reference_datum_position=0, 0, 0 // (feet) distance from FlightSim Reference position: (1/4 chord, centerline, waterline)

empty_weight_CG_position=-5, 0, 0 // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datum

max_number_of_stations=50

;Moments of Inertia

empty_weight_roll_MOI=1802310

empty_weight_pitch_MOI=18523159

empty_weight_yaw_MOI=39531785

empty_weight_coupled_MOI=0

[fuel]

LeftMain=0.0, -28.0, -4.0, 1046.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

RightMain=0.0, 28.0, -4.0, 1046.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

LeftAux=-0.0, -36.5, -3.0, 1000.0, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

etc., etc... Also, CONTACT POINTS , and whatever else." It might or might not look like this but something like this. Let's just put it this way. Everything with [flightsim.0] or [.1] definitions, general descriptions [CAMERA Definitions] and [Lights], and just leave those alone. Everything else below that, cut out and delete. Then open your FSN aircraft carrier CFG, which I presume does work , and look down to [sMOKESYSTEM] // nuclear power. EVERYTHING below that, including [flight tuning], copy and paste into the non-working .cfg Remember you can work on different .cfg files, calling them "aircraft_2.cfg, brokeaircraft.cfg, or whatever. The simulator only recognizes the name aircraft.cfg when it starts of course. Therefore, I'm assuming that the ship you have also has items like this that start after [sMOKESYSTEM], but just compare the two files. You want to replace those contact points with the lines from the FSN carrier which I also did with a cruise ship actually, and it worked out well also. Again, here is the link: https://simviation.com/1/browse-Misc-58-51 , and let me know how it goes. Now you can have two different working ships to navigate WITH a starboard aft working elevator no less.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived