Slow loading scenery (FSX:SE)

mindframe85

I just got a custom PC built running a new i7 3.4ghz 68000 with GTX 1070. I've seen many tutorials on tweaks, but I'm still having an issue with scenery loading and blurry landscape. I'm currently using FSX default scenery until I get FTX Global. Anyway can anyone help me with solving this scenery loading issue. Do I need to use Steves Direct X fixer? I'm kinda frustrated. I know FSX is an old game but with the specs I have I don't think it should be an issue. Unless I'm completed messing up on tweaking. If anyone out there knows how to solve this issue it would make my flying experience a lot better.

Notice in that video how smooth the scenery is. No slow loading trees, etc.

That's where I'm trying to get at. If anyone knows what to do, please let me know.

Thanks.

Those youtube video's are very often edited, doctered, and polished up. It's recorded at half speed, or less, so things show up, and then played back at normal speed to make it look normal.

It's not what these people see on their pc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fsx is very much play and enjoy. I understand fiddling the settings is tempting at first, we all did it, but at some point you will start to think an hour flying is better then an hour messing with settings.

It often comes down to finding a setting you can live with. High enough to see some detail, but not too high, so you still have smooth flying.

And then just takeoff and go.

The addon you have chosen adds a lot of detail, and that should make things look a lot better anyway. Clearer, more crisp.

Enjoy!:)

il

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those youtube video's are very often edited, doctered, and polished up. It's recorded at half speed, or less, so things show up, and then played back at normal speed to make it look normal.

It's not what these people see on their pc.

Has anyone else noticed that the video was of P3D and not FSX?:rolleyes:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It takes a lot of work and persistence to get FSX to run . Took me a year and a half of tweaking before I was satisfied, I use a combination of Nicks guide and Kostas.

No two systems are a like. GOOD LUCK!:cool:

and forget about doctored youtube videos. NOT REALITY

Lets have the rest of the system specs - OS; hard drive setup, power supply etc.

If you have FSX:SE installed on a HDD, for example, you may need to defrag - it's easy to forget in these days of SSD's which don't require defragmentation. Also look to your Nvidia driver settings.

All of these things and more should be examined before you start messing with the simulator - although I do think Steves DX10 fixer might be beneficial in this case.

You might want to check again. It IS FSX and yes some of our FSX set-ups look that good.

OK, I must have been seeing too many "look at this video" for comparisons and "this is what I'm looking for". Maybe I should wear my specs when looking at this dang computer! :cool:

Even my setup looks fairly descent flying into ORBX PNW and Bowerman.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Lets have the rest of the system specs - OS; hard drive setup, power supply etc.

If you have FSX:SE installed on a HDD, for example, you may need to defrag - it's easy to forget in these days of SSD's which don't require defragmentation. Also look to your Nvidia driver settings.

All of these things and more should be examined before you start messing with the simulator - although I do think Steves DX10 fixer might be beneficial in this case.

250g SSD and a Corsair 750w power supply running Windows 10. So it's capable of running without any scenery auto generating issues. Idk what I should tweak in cfg or nvidia settings.

I even restored back to factory settings. I did a fresh reinstall of FSX. Still see a lot of scenery (trees, houses, buildings, etc) loading up slowly during flight and a lot of blurried textures. Idk maybe FTX Global and Vector will change all of that? I'm just hoping FTX Global and Vector will solve all that.

I'm also deciding whether if I should use a flight recorder to capture gameplay footage at higher FPS like you see on these YouTube videos. I've tried FS Recorder version 1.333.1 that supposedly works with Steam Edition, but that didn't work. I tried shadow play but that doesn't make no difference. Sony Vegas is like 200 bucks, I'll pass. So, yeah....

I even restored back to factory settings. I did a fresh reinstall of FSX. Still see a lot of scenery (trees, houses, buildings, etc) loading up slowly during flight and a lot of blurried textures. Idk maybe FTX Global and Vector will change all of that? I'm just hoping FTX Global and Vector will solve all that.

No FTX anything will not improve things. Mostly just make things worse.

You still haven't mentioned what drivers you are using bu assuming they are recent Nvidia drivers and NOT the RTM examples that shipped with the card you may find some gains from the following via the Nvidia Control Panel (at this stage do NOT install any other driver tools such as Nvidia Inspector or any overclocking software:

Under Global Settings restore all defaults.

Under Program settings - FSX - reset all settings then change the following, and ONLY the following

Maximum pre-rendered frames - 1

Multi display/mixed GPU acceleration - single display performance mode

Power Management mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Texture Filtering Quality - High Quality

Report back

You might want to check again. It IS FSX and yes some of our FSX set-ups look that good.

That's great. So my PC isn't cable to get the same graphics and frame rates? What should I change in FSX cfg. I just don't want to mess with it and make it worst.

Use the settings menu in fsx. Do not set everything to maximum. Find a balance. If you tell fsx to run maximum scenery and autogen detail your pc can't display it all quick enough. Set sliders to medium for a start.

Learn to enjoy fsx and to use it. That takes time. Months of trying all the settings out before you find a ngx you like and that the pc can handle.

Forget about looking at or making video's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No FTX anything will not improve things. Mostly just make things worse.

You still haven't mentioned what drivers you are using bu assuming they are recent Nvidia drivers and NOT the RTM examples that shipped with the card you may find some gains from the following via the Nvidia Control Panel (at this stage do NOT install any other driver tools such as Nvidia Inspector or any overclocking software:

Under Global Settings restore all defaults.

Under Program settings - FSX - reset all settings then change the following, and ONLY the following

Maximum pre-rendered frames - 1

Multi display/mixed GPU acceleration - single display performance mode

Power Management mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Texture Filtering Quality - High Quality

Report back

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070. Where do I go to do these changes? Is this under the FSX.cfg ?

Use the settings menu in fsx. Do not set everything to maximum. Find a balance. If you tell fsx to run maximum scenery and autogen detail your pc can't display it all quick enough. Set sliders to medium for a start.

Learn to enjoy fsx and to use it. That takes time. Months of trying all the settings out before you find a ngx you like and that the pc can handle.

Forget about looking at or making video's.

I actually started doing this. Just bought a new monitor and played around with the settings. I lowered down the FPS to 25. Got a little better results, not that much though.

Archived