FSX add-ons aircraft won't show up

grantedmont03

i just downloaded an add-ons aircraft, i put on the right folder, but it doesn't show up, and then i try to reinstall, but it still won't show up?? any help guys? thanks :)

Which aircraft was it? If it was freeware tell us where you got it from and we'll show you how to install it.

A probable cause is that its a "folder within a folder", and you have to extract the inner folder only.

This one shows up under Meljet in the Selection Page, not under Boeing. Once you get it to show, you will need to copy in another sound folder because the one it comes with is empty!

Just to confirm that Boeing 777-36NER Emirates folder is in the proper place and no aircraft folder inside another folder.

meljet.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes, that's the logical method. But recently installing like that some people started reporting no aircraft showed up. Previously it worked for them, but no longer.

It turns out they needed to install in a new folder that had appeared in steam. Called: DLC

See my earlier link for such a thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, that's the logical method. But recently installing like that some people started reporting no aircraft showed up. Previously it worked for them, but no longer.

It turns out they needed to install in a new folder that had appeared in steam. Called: DLC

See my earlier link for such a thread.

I already checked the link that you gave it to me, my fsx folder doesn't have DLC folder, I try to add one but it's still not show up

Post the link to the download. I'll try to install it to see if maybe it works for me. If it does I'll let you know what I did

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Several links are posted to the Flyawaysim aircraft. I'm betting on a folder inside a folder in the Airplanes folder!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Grant,

The add-on works. Like others said I suspect the problem was folder in folder installation.

The add-on zip file structure is:

em77fsx.zip\EM77FSX\Boeing 777-36NER Emirates

Inside the EM77FSX are some jpegs. installation text file and another folder. Do not copy EM77FSX folder to your aircraft folder. Inside the EM77FSX is a folder called "Boeing 777-36NER Emirates". It contains textures, panel sound, .cfg, etc. Copy the folder "Boeing 777-36NER Emirate" into your aircraft folder. Then it should work.

If you want a VC you'll have to use another plane's VC as I don't see a VC in this plane.

Bart

Archived