FSX shuts off my keyboard when im flying! VERY RECENT PLEASE HELP

FSXmarc

This has all started happening after my PC updated itself couple days ago everything was perfectly fine until. It had done a major update which kinda messed up my system.

I was able to fix it all but then it started to mess up my sim. When I fly usually the first couple hours are good but then after a while the keyboard just shuts off and there is no way for me to turn it on again. I have turned off sticky keys and any keyboard shortcuts so I know thats not the problem. I then am forced to quit the flight and restart my computer as to which now the keyboard shuts off after flying FSX for 1 min now. At the moment I am effectively grounded due to this issue.

Its really been bugging me after this stupid win10 update I was wondering if I could remove the update without messing up my PC, the 2 updates listed are:

KB3176936 installed on 8/25/2016

KB3176934 installed on 8/26/2016

These problems started happening RIGHT AFTER the update so I know its probably that but im worried deleting these updates will mess up my computer even more, but I want to revert back to the state before my PC was updated with this thing that broke my keyboard.

I had tried re-installing the keyboard driver software and it didn't help.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't do that. It looks more like the pointer in FSX is getting lost and stuck somewhere (once it is lost = game over for the sim but not Win 10). Any new scenery or addition you forgot to tell us?

I am uptodate win Win 10 and sim is okay.

Cheers,

By any chance, since you mentioned keyboard drivers, is this a USB keyboard or wireless? Could the new updates be causing the USB ports, or wireless whosiewhammies to go into an energy save mode?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

By any chance, since you mentioned keyboard drivers, is this a USB keyboard or wireless? Could the new updates be causing the USB ports, or wireless whosiewhammies to go into an energy save mode?

+1. I had problem with my joystick disconnecting.

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

This could very well just be a case of a fsx-freeze.

I get it too sometimes. I click something in the VC, but nothing happens. Then I click more VC buttons to test, still nothing.

I click the taskbar to save the flight, nothing.

I press >Esc

Once I look closely at the clouds and world below I see that the flight is not moving.

Never just power down the pc while it's running by pulling the power cord.

So instead I just leave it running. I pour me some coffee, put on some musc, go do the washing up.

As the screen is frozen anyway I turn it off with the little button on the monitor.

(By the way, often during all of this the sound onthe speakers keeps running.) (So I turn those off as well.)

Every so often I look in on the pc to see if "it's back" yet. Not every 5 mins, more like every half hour or so.

Eventually it continues. Really, it does.

Why the freeze? Hard to say.

Can be a to high graphics settings, or a program running in the background causing an issue. Or bad overclock setting, overheating processor, hard disk problem, a hardware driver, a stuck printer etc etc. Anything really.

I discovered one thing that sometimes helps as an immediate remedy is to pull all Usb cables. And then wait a bit untill the 'ding sounds' and then replugging only the joystick anwireless mouse.

That way I noticed that my printer was causing trouble. Things like: cartrige empty, somehow waiting for a response via a printer driver maybe, and then causing trouble. Not sure. Just know that disconnecting it from the usb's helped with the freeze.

So, advice is, next time just wait it out.

Don't go forcefully switching off the laptop. That can even cause damage to the OS.

Just wait. go do other stuff. Let the computer figure things out for itself. It will.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a HP laptop with Win 10, using a Saitek AV8R-01 stick and a Logitech mouse/keyboard combo (Both wireless) and have all updates. I don't have those issues. Please tell me about your system and what USB's you have plugged in at the time. The other thing is if you are using a USB2.0 device in a 3.0 port that might cause the system to hang.

AD

P.S. The coffee is always fresh and free:pilot:

No my keyboard becomes inoperative, such as I can't use the buttons they all shut off like the keyboard goes to sleep but I can still use my mouse and FSX runs fine but I can't land since half my controls aren't working.

First the ATC button would stop working and then after that the other buttons on the keyboard wouldnfail then the entire thing fails. The only way to cure the issue is to restart the computer.

This all started happening after those 2 updates, I've deleted one but the other one is still there.

Yes I've reinstalled the driver software, what I didn't do was disable the sticky keys and shortcut keys. Maybe there was a command to turn off the keyboard and I didn't know, possibly the update could have implemented this. One thing is certain these issues started happening after the update.

Another thing is that I've been flying Aerosofts A321 but I NEVER had issues with this plane and FSX until the update. I can't really go back to a previous checkpoint because I'm worried it will mess up my files. And freaking Microsoft keeps pushing these updates to me even though they break my games!

I'm doing a test flight now to see how it goes.

Hi FSX,

If you have windows update configured so that you have to allow the update the first think you see is "Windows setting a restore point..." There's an extremely good reason for this. If you experience any problems after the update, and before you do anything else, restore to that point. If you wait any changes made to the system after the restore point will be lost, or if major changes are made the restore point may be lost.

Jim F.

Sad news

The keyboard shut off again and its completely unresponsive, I unplugged my mouse and joystick but when I plug them back in now they wont work as well.

Everything was going fine before that darned update, screw microsoft

It probably has nothing to do with an update.

For one, if that was it, it would have not worked at all anymore as soon as the update was installed.

It sounds much more like hardware slowly dying.

Bring it to the repair shop to make sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know for sure its the update it started happening right after the computer updated itself. Could also possibly be a virus so I'm running a full scan as we speak.

I've only had my laptop for 9 months not even a year so the hardware isn't that old. I however did poke around the event viewer and AT THE SAME TIME as the keyboard went off it gave an error about a EC controller timing out to connect, it said something like check the BIOS.

I could try restoring the system to a previous state but then it would force me to update again and I would be back to square one. The update must have messed up the drivers because now not only the keyboard but when I unplug and reply my joystick and mouse again they don't work. Only way to solve this issue is to reboot the computer and I haven't been able to complete a single flight since.

One things for certain if Microsoft hadn't forced that POS update on my system it would have been working perfectly fine.

I think I read that there are some ways to control the forced updates...but I have no actual links as you will have to put a gun to my head to make me use that OS.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

The sooner you stop blaming the update, the sooner you start actually poking the issue. It is not the update. Others have page they have that and have no such issue.

The event log screams hardware issue.

No idea what to look for in the bios, but have a look.

All I can think of is enable legacy Usb there. But check every setting is ok.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I've restored the system back to before it was update and confirmed that both patches are no longer there.

This ONLY HAPPENS WITH FSX not any other game that I play such as GTA. One thing I've noticed is that when I try and activate the caps lock button it just turns right back off.

Archived