Rockwell Commander GA Flight Salt Lake City to Denver

NMLW

N685RW is a Rockwell Commander on a 391 mile flight from Salt Lake City, Utah to Denver, Colorado (KSLC - KDEN). We have 180 gallons of fuel on board for this flight of 1 hour and 45 minutes. The weather is fair with light cloud cover. We will be cruising at an altitude of 19,000 feet.

Thanks to:

Aircraft: Rockwell Commander 685. The aircraft model is by Milton Shupe and Tom Falley. Panel and gauge setup by Milton Shupe and Arild Elverum with gauges by Scott Thomas. Textures by Arild Elverum. Beta Test Crew: Rachael Whiteford, Bill Davidson, and Roland Berger.

AI & Traffic: WOAI

Scenery and Add-ons: FS2004 v9.1 Standard and:

- Salt Lake City 2008 by Gary Widup with a 2009 update by Julio Birman.

- Denver International 2009 by Gottfried Razekby.

- REX FS9 w/Overdrive for sky, cloud, weather, water/waves, runway, taxiway textures, sun and runway lighting.

- Flight One Ground Environment Pro II, FS Genesis Europe and UT Europe.

- HDE 2.0 grass texture enhancement by Pablo Diaz.

Click to Enlarge . . . . . .

Rockwell Commander_01.jpg

Ready to button up and start engine one.

Rockwell Commander_02.jpg

Airborne and stowing the gear.

Rockwell Commander_03.jpg

Turning on course for Denver over the Great Salt Lake.

Rockwell Commander_04.jpg

As we head toward the east we look out at the city below.

Rockwell Commander_05.jpg

Approaching 10,000 feet with the Wasatch Mountain Range ahead of us.

Rockwell Commander_06.jpg

Climbing through 15,000 feet over the Wasatch National Forest.

Rockwell Commander_07.jpg

Cruising at FL190 near the Thousand Peaks Recreational area.

Rockwell Commander_08.jpg

About 185 miles from Salt Lake City we are flying over McKee springs just west of Dinosaur National Monument, Utah.

Rockwell Commander_09.jpg

We crossed into Colorado about 30 minutes ago and are over Monument Butte approaching the Routt National Forest.

Rockwell Commander_10.jpg

We are now over the Arapaho National Forest and see the Hinman and Wolford Mountain Reservoirs off our left side.

More in the reply . . . . . . . . .

Larry

Click to Enlarge . . . . . .

Rockwell Commander_11.jpg

About 65 miles from Denver with Granby, Colorado just behind us we see Lake Granby to our left rear.

Rockwell Commander_12.jpg

Having just passed Bald Mountain of the Colorado Front Range of the Rockies we are descending through 16,000 feet.

Rockwell Commander_13.jpg

We’re out of the mountains and over the high plains about 20 miles from the airport with Standley Lake off our right wing.

Rockwell Commander_14.jpg

Over Denver and heading east for a northwestern approach to Denver International.

Rockwell Commander_15.jpg

At about 7,000 feet with gear down and flaps 20 we begin to line up our approach.

Rockwell Commander_16.jpg

On short final to Rwy. 34 at Denver Intl.

Rockwell Commander_17.jpg

Touchdown.

Rockwell Commander_18.jpg

Turning off the runway and contacting ground for parking instructions.

Rockwell Commander_19.jpg

Heading for GA parking near the terminal. A lot of Frontier folks in town today.

Rockwell Commander_20.jpg

Parked near the big boys and shutting down all systems.

Larry

Just make sure that the rear cargo door is closed securely! Years ago, we had an operator that ran a few routes for the Original Frontier Airlines using Commanders. On more than one occasion we had the rear cargo door pop open and scatter mail and baggage over the countryside. :o
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely beautiful shots Larry... and I love the repaint too. I've never seen that one before - very nice!! ~Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Thanks for your nice comments Alan, Andrew, Klee, Kenny, Adam and Glenn. :)

Darrell, Maybe that's where Creedence Clearwater Revival got the idea for the song "It Came Out of The Sky". :) Lucky that this model doesn't support a rear cargo door.

Larry

• 2 years later...
Thanks for your nice comments Alan, Andrew, Klee, Kenny, Adam and Glenn. :)

Darrell, Maybe that's where Creedence Clearwater Revival got the idea for the song "It Came Out of The Sky". :) Lucky that this model doesn't support a rear cargo door.

Beautiful aircraft Larry! Thanks for sharing! Now you got me wanting to go find it! Oh well, it's only time and a little computer space!

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Larry - Okay I downloaded the 685, and my observations:

1) Black prop spinner, which is okay, but you can't see the props spinning either?

2) Windows appear to have "Limo Tint" can't see thru them from the outside, which means any pilot animation given in the AC500 is gone.

3) Beautiful liveries, that is a plus!

4) Instrument panel has been updated with more modern gauges, added cowl flap open/close.

5) Cabin sounds of engines have been greatly improved.

#### Looking at your pics now, your prop spinners are chrome and the windows are clear!! Interesting, might just be my video card or my settings, which makes them dark?? Had no issues with the 500, but the 685 might have greater video demands? #######

I think I will stick with the 500 aircraft for now. This week I am making some upgrades to my system. HDD crashed on me a couple weeks ago, I got it running on a "hope and a prayer" right now! Once the new HDD is installed, I will then make some decisions on what I will keep and what has to go!

Thanks for sharing Larry. Milton Shupe really does put out some very nice freeware aircraft! Either one of these freeware aircraft would make a nice addition to anyone's collection!

Rick :cool:

Larry - Okay I downloaded the 685, and my observations:

1) Black prop spinner, which is okay, but you can't see the props spinning either?

2) Windows appear to have "Limo Tint" can't see thru them from the outside, which means any pilot animation given in the AC500 is gone.

3) Beautiful liveries, that is a plus!

4) Instrument panel has been updated with more modern gauges, added cowl flap open/close.

5) Cabin sounds of engines have been greatly improved.

#### Looking at your pics now, your prop spinners are chrome and the windows are clear!! Interesting, might just be my video card or my settings, which makes them dark?? Had no issues with the 500, but the 685 might have greater video demands? #######

I think I will stick with the 500 aircraft for now. This week I am making some upgrades to my system. HDD crashed on me a couple weeks ago, I got it running on a "hope and a prayer" right now! Once the new HDD is installed, I will then make some decisions on what I will keep and what has to go!

Thanks for sharing Larry. Milton Shupe really does put out some very nice freeware aircraft! Either one of these freeware aircraft would make a nice addition to anyone's collection!

Rick, did you download the FS2004 version or the FSX version that has the glass/prop fix??

FSX - FSX General Aviation FSX Rockwell Commander 685

[ Download | View ]

Name: ac685pkgx.zip

Size: 17,157,330 Date: 11-17-2015 Downloads: 2,792

ac685pkgx2.gif

ac685pkgx.gif

fbq1.giffcq1.gif FSX Rockwell Commander 685, as an FSX port over only. FSX specific flight model, native texture format, common texture folder, and glass/prop adjustments. Six liveries included. By Arild Elverum and Milton Shupe. Flight model by Milton Shupe and Tom Falley.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Rick, did you download the FS2004 version or the FSX version that has the glass/prop fix??

FSX - FSX General Aviation FSX Rockwell Commander 685

[ Download | View ]

Name: ac685pkgx.zip

Size: 17,157,330 Date: 11-17-2015 Downloads: 2,792

ac685pkgx2.gif

ac685pkgx.gif

fbq1.giffcq1.gif FSX Rockwell Commander 685, as an FSX port over only. FSX specific flight model, native texture format, common texture folder, and glass/prop adjustments. Six liveries included. By Arild Elverum and Milton Shupe. Flight model by Milton Shupe and Tom Falley.

Charlie - I thought I downloaded the FSX version, but maybe not? Trash went out this morning, so my note was probably with it. Did the 2004 version have these problems?

I'll try it again, it is a nice looking download!

########### Yes, that is the download! Still black spinners, no prop spin, dark glass. Probably my video card or the fact I don't have SP1 or SP2 loaded, but that's okay, I'll continue using AC 500 which is still a very nice download! ###########

Hi Rick!

Looks OK on my end......Um, let me rephrase that....Looks OK on my computer! (much better!);)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205135[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205136[/ATTACH]

It is a beautiful download, Charlie, and yes, I do agree with your correction on it "looking good on your computer!" :rolleyes:

I guess you are bumping this thread then??

darren - You pay more attention to detail than the rest of us. It is an old thread, for sure, I must have clicked on a link somewhere to bring it out of storage. My mistake. I guess it will die on it's own again. I won't respond anymore to it anymore!

Thanks Rick :cool:

Archived