Will a Saitek X45 stick work with a X35t throttle?

I recent found a reason to need a joystick and throttle again (no mans sky). By happenstance I found my x35t throttle. If I were to go on eBay and find a x45 stick only, will the throttle work? I am trying to save money due to economic situation. (I am broke, and disabled so need a hobby, and I was good at flightsims in the 1990's.).

The throttles look alike, is the x35t and x45 throttle identical?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't answer your specific question, but I would think so. I currently use a Saitek X55 Pro throttle with a Thrustmaster T16000M joystick in FSX and several other flight sims. I have a couple of flight games that do not recognize two control devices, but most do.

I don't have one, but I googled it a bit.

The x35t does not have Usb connection. To wire it up you need some extra circuit board and some soldering. It then also looses some functionality.

(there may also be ready made gameport to Usb converters. Saves you soldering.)

also software support for x35t on modern OS versions was long ago abandoned. You would need an alternative for any OS after XP.

I would say it's much easier to buy a x45 throttle instead. Second hand if needed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I looked it up too. The throttle on the X45 and the Throttle on the X35t both hook up into the stick with a 15 pin cable. Another poster said they opened their X45 throttle for something and said it was just wires and no chips inside. (All the controlling circuit boards are in the stick.). And the pictures of the X45 and X36t look identical. I will bet you they are identical and just have new colorations on the X45 throttle.

So I got a x45 stick on eBay cheap on the way here, and I am going to try it out. If it works, I will let y'all know. If it doesn't I will let y'all know and buy a throttle only when I see one for the right price. I also realize the x35t, while carefully used but old may not work, but I am hopeful.

And the answer is, yes, provisionally. I got the x45 and x35t hooked up, and Windows sees it as a set from an x45. Everything on the stick works, and all the buttons, dials, mouse, etc on the throttle works, but I think I have a bad pot or a short, because from half throttle to the back, I got nothing, no stick, no throttle, nothing. Half to fully forward, everything works. Could be some,dust, so I am going to open the throttle and blow it out to see if that fixes anything. As far as drivers go, I finally found a SD series that would load and win 10 would see. Profile software, forget it, I couldn't find anything that will work. So that's an issue. And the game I am using it on is weird. (No mans sky). Out of the game, I got no issues with calibration, inside the game there is a 36% dead zone in either X or y axis, I am still running that one down. Make a dead zone that size, though and it's rock steady. It's a work in progress.

I'm thinking: incompatible. Reasons:

1-no reports of people using this mix.

2-Usb has fewer possible connectors then gameport.

The x45t uses a gameport, but maybe with some connectors unused.

With the x35t they were used, and are now causing an issue with this mix.

I'm not sure of it, just an estimated guess.

But what you have sounds like a short circuit. "Pulling back throttle stick stops working".

Possibly rear motion of throttle user connector that x45 doesn't use. Maybe in x45 throttle move all uses one connector and more then one in x35.

As noone user them together it seems likely.

Either that or a cable is getting squeezed inside.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm thinking: incompatible. Reasons:

1-no reports of people using this mix.

2-Usb has fewer possible connectors then gameport.

The x45t uses a gameport, but maybe with some connectors unused.

With the x35t they were used, and are now causing an issue with this mix.

I'm not sure of it, just an estimated guess.

But what you have sounds like a short circuit. "Pulling back throttle stick stops working".

Possibly rear motion of throttle user connector that x45 doesn't use. Maybe in x45 throttle move all uses one connector and more then one in x35.

As noone user them together it seems likely.

Either that or a cable is getting squeezed inside.

I agree now it's incompatible. When I opened it up, there was a circuit board inside the throttle. The X45 doesn't have one, it's just wires according to someone on here. Also, If I remove the throttle and try to use the stick alone, it goes haywire. Know where I can get just a throttle? Two weeks ago there were 3 on eBay, now there are none...

Archived