FNG question: Where does my Aerosoft A320 bundle go?

lacloudchaser

Got P3D running...loaded it "clean" at C:/Lockheed Martin...

Im now adding my first needed airplane, the Aerosoft A320 bundle

Before I hit download, which directory should it be saved to,

I know this might be two questions, the zip file should go where? C:/aerosoft...

And when extracted is there any file pointing and other steps I should be warned about ;)

Thanks all

Drew

There should be full instructions for installation - it's ALWAYS a good idea to read them before you start.

In general, the installers `know` where your P3D installation is and will automatically place files in the corrrect locations. Generally too, such installers show the root folder of the simulator, as the rest of the locations will be following the default pattern of files and folders, with the exception of possibly a new folder called Aerosoft within the primary P3D file structure.

However, the issue is that since p3dv3 it is encouraged for developers to install to folders other than in the main file structure. Some follow these rules, others still do it the `old` way.

For this reason you MUST read and follow the instructions in the package.

You can download the zip to wherever you want. Your "Downloads" folder being the obvious choice. Inside the ZIP you will find the installer "AS_AIRBUS-A320-A321_FSX-P3DV2-P3DV3-FSXSTEAM_V131.exe" from Aerosoft. Copy and paste this file into your "Downloads" folder too, outside of the zip. Then doubleclick it. The installer will start and tell you what to do. Keep your registration number and mail address ready, the installer will ask for it.

The Aerosoft Airbus is a rather complex addon, and it installs a number of modules all over your computer and simulator. So the automated installer is the only way to get it installing properly.

btw. It will probably ask you if you want to install a locked version of "RAAS". I suggest you do that, so you get the free RAAS for the bus right from the start.

Archived