Captain Sim L1011 rudder deflection

Horacios

Hi there,

I have a question over the CS L1011, very nice and wel made model for FSX! I notice that when I'm in flight, and I try to use the rudder, there is no deflection at all! before take of, the rudder moves normally to keep the airplane in the center line, but when I'm in cruise if I try to move the rudder, it doesen't respond, Ok! maybe this is normal because in flight you don't need the rudder(normally), but when I was in the landing(and not a very easy one, Hong Kong Kai Tak!) and I try to use the rudder to make the landing in the center line, it was not deflection at all, just after the landing(not a good one, I must say!)the rudder was moving again!

Maybe someone knows why this happend, or maybe is a bug in this plane.

I hope to hear from you soon with ideas about this.

The landing was manual,(no, the A/P was not engage) I am busy with flying since I was 18 years old(Piper J3) in my home country, I have 20 years flying in the FS (2004/FSX).

Thanks in advance

Cub51

Hi Mallcott,

Of course, the yaw damper, really stupid of me don't think about this, thanks a lot, now I can make beter landings ( I must said that the deflection is there, but the momentun is so big and the plane is a bit underpower(in my opinion!) you must be very rapid in your reaction, if not, this plane stall very easy in the landing, and I must said that I like it a lot, because he is not easy to fly good! you must : wacht him all the time, if not things go wrong very fast!

Thanks again for your help!

Cub51 :D

Archived