My Traffic 6 showing no traffic

DarrynS

Hello, I recently purchased My Traffic 6 , installed it with no problems. When I run FSX I don't see any traffic ? I've written to MT6 forum but I got no response. Could any one help me with this ? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Hi,

By chance I helped a friend resolve such an issue when his son got MT6 back in March this year and it didn't work straight out of the box.........

After a bit of searching we found a solution that finally got it working..........

Go to http://forum.simflight.com/topic/79370-mytraffic-6-installation-not-working-checklist/ and follow the specific instructions contained in the posts by BURKHARD.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian many thanks for the advice, i followed the instructions as per the link you sent. I think i might have found the problem... In my fsx scenery.cfg i dont see the entry :

[Area.115]

Title=MyTraffic

Local=D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

Layer=115

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Now how should i add this into the scenery.cfg without causing a conflict should i just enter as above in the next consecutive area number ?

Many thanks

regards

Darryn

Hi Darryn,

First note that YOUR MyTraffic entry, if set, will not necessarily be under [Area.115] - this is the relevant entry in BURKHRD' .cfg file and is used as an example - so first check to see if it appears under another [Area.XXX] entry. However, I suspect that it is not/never was in the listing because, if you had a missing area that had been activated into the list and then deleted for some reason you would get an error message each time you started FSX until you sorted the issue - this would give details of the missing area ID using the [Area.XXX] number. Note that the [Area.XXX] numbers should run consecutively starting at 001 and the last added item will be at the bottom of the listing in the scenery.cfg file and will also have the highest number - EDIT to clarify this last sentence - In the FSX setting page when you add new scenery it is automatically placed at the top of the priority list at 1 but when viewed as 'raw' data in the scenery.cfg file it will be at the bottom of list and will have the latest number to be assigned - for example this could be 50, 100, 150 etc depending on how many sceneries you have added - EDIT END

If not in your list do as JSkorna has stated and simply add the appropriate MyTraffic scenery area to FSX as normal.

Something that may be of interest to you is this handy little tool called Scenery Config Editor - it can be found at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

Its a good tool to help find errors and manage your scenery. You can activate scenery and place it where you want in the priority listing without even starting FSX - this can be achieved by simply dragging and dropping. It also has the ability to Reset Area and Layer numbering and Reorder the file with a single click. Other options the tool offers is the ability to import and activate multiple sceneries in a single action and the restoration of deleted files/areas from a backup area. When you close the tool after making changes you are prompted to save the changes, which are written to the scenery.cfg file. When you next start FSX, the changes are loaded into the FSX list as normal. I have used the tool for several years and now never use the Scenery Library activation process within FSX any more and can highly recommend it.

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian and JSkorna thank you for that info.. Brian i will check that out today and get back to you. In the scenery.cfg there wasn't any listing for My Traffic at all. Ill use the editor as you suggested. Talk later.

regards

Darryn

Hi,

I have purchased MT6 today for testing purposes. I must say, as installing processes go, this one is a bit of a pain. But it was possible to get it running in a reasonable time frame (=a few minutes).

There are a few steps necessary to make it work.

1. Install the MT6 deliverable called "MyTraffic Professional.msi"

2. After you have done this, copy "TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe" from your FSX SDK folder to the main folder of MT6. This file is essential, but not included in the installer.

3. Start the MT6 "My Traffic Communicator"

4. Tell it which simulator you use and where it is installed (top right input field)

5. Tell it where MT6 is installed (top middle input field)

6. Generate the traffic database ("Select Schedules" in the top menu)

7. Add the model directory to your FSX.cfg:

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

8. Finally, add the MT6 folder itself to your scenery library using the standard FSX functionality. The standard path is "C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic"

9. Disable the default traffic bgl, or you will have "Orbit" etc. flying alongside MT6. Rename "trafficAircraft.bgl" to "trafficAircraft.bgl.off". The file is in your FSX folder in "Scenery\World\scenery"

For those interested:

- MT6 is purely based on traffic schedules in BGL format

- These BGL are generated by the "My Traffic Communicator" in the MT6 main folder, effectively turning it into a scenery:

"C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery"

"C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\texture"

- The aircraft models are in

"C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

- So, once you tell FSX (or P3D for that matter) where everything is, and if you make sure that the traffic BGL files have indeed been created, the MT6 traffic will be generated by the simulator's own standard traffic mechanism. (Conclusion: There is no reason at all for it not to work on any FSX/ESP based sim, this traffic addon should work with everything since FSX RTM edition. If you set it up correctly.)

Btw I have UT2 and WOAI full installs too. By comparison MT6 is the most cumbersome to install and the aircraft models are the worst. But that is not necessarily a bad thing, because the simplified modelling saves some FPS.

Hi evm Many thanks for the info i managed to get it sorted. I checked out WOAI and i must say the models are much better in detail. Just installed REX essential as well, amazing textures !! Just need to try upgrade my computer to be able to handle a bit better.

Archived