dawn mustang

wolf2

Beautiful shot of the P-51!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

thanks jason, zippy, rupert, larry and eric!

rupert: dont worry, he's on our side, lol.

zippy and larry: it's john terrell's "factory fresh" texture for the warbirdsim mustang. i always do either dawn or dusk flights w this texture because in broad daylight that chrome effect is overpowering. love the warbirdsim product, but i wish i had a texture which was more relfecive than all my others, yet far less so than this one. in this light tho, I really love it.

Phil Colvin

Great pics, if I can echo all the others!

That plane just LOOKS like it want's to fly, fast, even when it's sitting still. And the sound they make...MUSIC!

Thanks for a great post!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

thanks, pat. I always thought the p-51d and spitfire mkIVE (razorback, not bubble canopy) were tied for the best looking prop fighter of all. always fantasized about a griffon-engined mustang, too. wouldn't that have been something!

edit: oops, thank u too bernardo! didn't scroll up high enough to see your reply before.

Phil Colvin

hehehe, snagged one for uncle sam, eh? thanks. ive done a gillion edits over the years. since u like creativity, here's one more from a good few years ago that's a fave of mine, though it wouldn't be so hot for recruiting anybody

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss327/nonamedammit/gothamdarkerstill.jpg

the main background is aerosoft manhattan for fs9, edited to look darker and more menacing. the lightning is from a photo. the batplane is from a photo of a die-cast metal toy, I don't even remember where I got the joker, and I painted in the batsignal and afterburner.

Phil Colvin

Incredible edits, Phil! That shiny Stang is a real beauty :) I got to sit in a shiny Stang like the one you posted and I felt a tingle up my leg...haha!

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Archived