FSDS 3.5.1 error message

garrytheskate

Started building a 'Stena Explorer' on my old computer win 7. New computer Win10, reinstalled FSDS 3.5.1, transfered all the scenery and texture files. When I go to add textures I get a message "Access to an Unnamed file was denied. It states this on all texture files. Using FS2004.

Any ideas what the problem is?

regards

Not enough details on your Windows 10 FSDS installation to know what is going on, but one thing to try is to run FSDS as an administrator.

Art

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

It sounds like by transferring you mean it's a problem with copying the files from external HDD to the new pc.

In that case, the files were created on the old pc, and there the "owner" was different. (yes, still you, but on that pc, bplah blah .

What you will need to do is "take ownership" of the files.

I think that means a procedure liek:

-start a asministrator command prompt,

- use some command like:

takeown

here is one link I found, there were many more, all I did was type takeown into google.

http://superuser.com/questions/813878/how-would-i-use-takeown-to-take-ownership-of-all-folders-on-one-drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived