please help with cfg

Shodge25

Can someone please help me. Im trying to install altitude callouts on my planes on FSX. Ive downloaded the correct files

and tried to add the correct lines to the aircraft and panel cfg page. It will not allow me to edit the page at all. If i could

figure out how to edit the page i wouldnt have a problem with the rest. If anyone knows how to handle my problem and

possibly tell me what im doing wrong i would greatly appreciate it.

Well, I'd wager the first thing you did wrong was to let it install to C:\Program Files. You couldn't pick a "wronger" place for it. If you want to go through the whole uninstall/reinstall, that would be your best choice.

Second best, is to copy the file you want to edit to your desktop, edit it, save it, and copy it back where it came from. Alternatively, copy it to a Temp folder on, just for example, D:\ or someplace OTHER than \Program Files, or \Program Files(X86). Windows, even with UAC turned off (you DO have UAC turned off, don't you??), seems to have a sever personal problem with allowing the edit of ANY file in those two folders. And I understand Win10 is worse.

Also, never use a word processor software to edit .cfg files. They add in all kinds of symbols that make them unusable by the Sim.

Last, but certainly not least, make absolutely sure you make a backup of ANY file before you edit it! THIS IS CRITICAL!!!

Hope all that helps some...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived