2016-8-22_11-8-12-489.jpg

2016-8-22_14-50-5-434.jpg

2016-8-22_15-0-55-663.jpg

2016-8-21_16-30-9-673.jpg

2016-8-22_14-55-19-465.jpg

2016-8-22_15-17-43-19.jpg

2016-8-21_16-33-14-488.jpg

2016-8-21_16-32-56-535.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Dx9.

Milviz F4/J, F4/F, F4/E Phantom II.

FTX Global v1.40 & FTX Vector v1.35 & FTX OpenLC Europe V1.20

Rex Essential+OVD

Hifi Active Sky 2015 Next SP5 live weather update.

Photoshop edition.

Ciao Viva & Have Fun !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eric:

Out of all the military jets that have flown, the Phantom has always been my favorite. I remember working near Dallas Naval Air and watching these birds doing TNG's. Then the biggest thrill for me was seeing a G model carrying those temperamental ECM pods we built.

Great shots

Respectfully

David Robles

"Remember, All you have to do is ask."

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/10/25/windows10signaturecopy.jpghttp://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

Fantastic piccs!

Oddly, one of my favorite birds. Of course, I did work on them for nearly 10 years...

I fell in love with them when I saw the Angels in them at an airshow at Moffet Field. Big, loud, smokey (and leaky, I discovered much later :D ), they were a real "crowd pleaser"! And when they came in LOW over the heads of the crowd, and through the hangar there at Moffet, Hangar 1, IIRC, everybody just went nutso. I personally think they should never have transitioned out of the Phantom.

Did you know the intakes are just big enough for a young Marine to take a nap in?? I always made sure the engines were out for repair or high-time, though. Better safe! We had about 30 or so of them at Yuma, in VMFAT-101, so there was always a bird or three in the Hangars for some reason or other. Always nice to grab a nap in :)

Thanks for a great post! The world got a little smaller, with the last of them gone now...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I never thought they were as attractive as the F-8s. However, when out on a hot Med-Evac run in a Marine CH-34 or CH-46, there was no plane in the air I'd rather have put down cover fire near the landing site than a Deuce!!!! :pilot::pilot:
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

If you're looking for a very good F-8 for FSX, you might take a glance at Alphasim_F-8_Crusader_FSX_native_V2.zip. I don't recall where I found it, but I believe it's on SimOuthouse. I may be wrong though. Usually am.

It's originally a Virtavia version for FS9 but it's been updated for FSX. Fly's nice too. How close to a real one, I can't say, never having flown one.

Another I found, and I believe it's here on FlightSim, is f8crusaderupfsx.zip. At least it LOOKS nice :D Found a gorgeous panel for them too. I can list it too if you want.

Good luck, and keep the great pictures coming!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

If you're looking for a very good F-8 for FSX, you might take a glance at Alphasim_F-8_Crusader_FSX_native_V2.zip.

Good luck, and keep the great pictures coming!

Pat☺

+1 That's the one I was showing in my shot! Flies great and even looks pretty good!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

@ billdebaze ,

Currently working on some RAF paints for the F4 but does the F4J / S have the RWR , as I'm not seeing it in the paintkit , so can only assume that it is in the model ( visible in your screenshots ) . I myself have the F4 E .

Of course the only drawback is it doesn't really matter which software package I use , the only ones that come close will be the F4J ( UK ) version and that was just some 15 aircraft .

John Glanville

Hi Guys,

Thank you all.

@PhantomTweak's good new, I will try the Alphasim F8 model.

@jdwgraf I can see 2 different paintkits to download for free on the Milviz website. One for the F4E (917Mo) & one for the F4J/S (887Mo).

Regards,

B.

Ciao Viva & Have Fun !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No , I have downloaded both paint kits but they are basically the same ( one is slightly newer ) , and both have added layers for the F4J / S versions but the RWR is not visible there , that's why I assume that the " difference " is made through choosing a model . You have something similar with the F4E with the nose section .

It's not a paint kit for the faint hearted that's for sure , I really had fun creating a couple of early 70's camouflaged F4's , so far 43 Sqn and a possible 41 Sqn - still looking for decent images of the squadron badges used on the aircraft ( not the RAF crests ) . The low-vis versions are certainly easier with an F4J(UK) ZE356 and XV409 from 1435 Flight , Falkland Islands Detatchment even though - wrong type and wrong engines . Keeps me off the streets .

John

Hey,

there is a F4S of the USMC:

2016-8-26_0-59-55-346.jpg

2016-8-26_1-1-18-626.jpg

2016-8-26_1-1-24-775.jpg

2016-8-26_1-1-30-698.jpg

2016-8-26_1-1-4-663.jpg

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Dx9.

Milviz F4S Phantom II

Khasab v2.0 Oman by OryxSim

FTX Global v1.40 & FTX Vector v1.35 & FTX OpenLC Europe V1.20

Rex Essential+OVD

Hifi Active Sky 2015 Next SP5 live weather update.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?16809-Milviz-F-4E-TacPack-Addon

Look out! TacPack is not yet available for the F-4J/S version.

Ciao Viva & Have Fun !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OOO-RAH!

More phantastic Phantom photo's!

Thanks for yet more pics of a bygone age. That's the very kind of plane I worked on...Got any from VMFAT-101 or VMFA-333? Just wondering :D

What's that say about me, if the plane is of a bygone age?? :p

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey,

Thank you all for replies, it's very kind of you.

@PhantomTweak, I found that, repaint VMFA-333 by MV Team:

2016-8-27_10-19-28-535.jpg

MCAS Beaufort SC by Jim Cook (https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=123693)

2016-8-27_10-24-21-998.jpg

2016-8-27_10-24-34-117.jpg

2016-8-27_10-27-56-597.jpg

Very detailed paint!

2016-8-27_10-47-24-269.jpg

2016-8-27_10-48-20-331.jpg

2016-8-27_10-48-47-975.jpg

& I done that album last year with a fictitious VMFAT-101 F/A-18E, you can have a look if you want:

https://plus.google.com/+BillDebaze/posts/VKjSrYESt1w

https://plus.google.com/+BillDebaze/posts/fiMJAZDd5SB

I think this squadron only had F/A-18A, B, C, or D. Also this paint is not historical, it was made for fun!:)

Ciao Viva & Have Fun !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When I was there (MCAS Beaufort SC) with Trip Trey (VMFA-333) we took the last det they made with the Phantoms over to Iwakuni, with trips to Osan, Korea, and Clark AB in the PI, very shortly before Pinatubo buried it.

When we got back, they started transitioning to the -18's. They did take a DET in the new planes over to Yuma for WTI about 4 months before I got out. I went on that one, then when we got back, I got out and went back to Yuma, working with VMFAT-401, when they had Kfirs, when they were first standing up.

That was when VMFAT-101 (with whom I had been with in Yuma most of my enlistment) had just transitioned to F/A-18's, and VMFA-211 stood up with Harriers in Yuma. Great ceremony. Had the real "Pappy" Boyington, and Robert Conrad both there. Great people, both of them, and good friends to each other.

It was a time of great change. Interesting to live through, but it was time for me to move on. I didn't want to be on ship for 8-10 months out of the year. Had a family to care for there in Yuma.

Just a little history of VMFAT-101 and -333, from someone who lived through it :) And you're right, Trip Trey never had their regular birds painted like that!

Thanks for the great pictures and the little stroll down memory lane!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When I was there (MCAS Beaufort SC) with Trip Trey (VMFA-333) we took the last det they made with the Phantoms over to Iwakuni, with trips to Osan, Korea, and Clark AB in the PI, very shortly before Pinatubo buried it.

When we got back, they started transitioning to the -18's. They did take a DET in the new planes over to Yuma for WTI about 4 months before I got out. I went on that one, then when we got back, I got out and went back to Yuma, working with VMFAT-401, when they had Kfirs, when they were first standing up.

That was when VMFAT-101 (with whom I had been with in Yuma most of my enlistment) had just transitioned to F/A-18's, and VMFA-211 stood up with Harriers in Yuma. Great ceremony. Had the real "Pappy" Boyington, and Robert Conrad both there. Great people, both of them, and good friends to each other.

It was a time of great change. Interesting to live through, but it was time for me to move on. I didn't want to be on ship for 8-10 months out of the year. Had a family to care for there in Yuma.

Just a little history of VMFAT-101 and -333, from someone who lived through it :) And you're right, Trip Trey never had their regular birds painted like that!

Thanks for the great pictures and the little stroll down memory lane!

Pat☺

Well sure Pat! Everyone loves Yuma!!!:rolleyes:

BTW: Why no Trip Trey on your planes? When I was in Hmm-364 we had Purple Foxes on our planes, our racks, and about everything else. In fact there was a lot of military rolling stock which had, for a least a little while, Purple Foxes on it too! Any and everything that was unattended or had the attendant distracted was fair game! Except our CO's Jeep. In fact after some meetings, his was the only vehicle not adorned! ;);)

Thank you for these wonderful memories. It's a treat.

I also found this on trip Trey, perhaps painting is more realistic?

2016-8-27_14-11-32-302.jpg

2016-8-27_14-10-58-167.jpg

2016-8-27_13-16-47-768.jpg

2016-8-27_14-13-24-220.jpg

2016-8-27_13-14-8-120.jpg

2016-8-27_13-25-50-298.jpg

2016-8-27_13-26-53-960.jpg

Repaint for the MIlviz F-4J, representing VMFA-33, by Tom Stovall. "The VMFA-333 transitioned to the F-4 Phantom II in June 1972 and deployed on board the USS America (CVA-66) to conduct missions over Vietnam. VFMA-333 also had two deployments on board the USS Nimitz. It was during this deployment that the squadron got its only air-to-air kill when Major Lee T Lasseter, USMC along with his RIO, Capt. John D. Cummings shot down a MiG-21 over North Vietnam, near Hanoi. After the shoot down both aircraft were damaged by flak and an SA-2 SAM, which hit 5526 in the tail section. Close to running out of fuel and with 5526 on fire from the SAM hit, the pilots ejected just south of Haiphong Harbor. The incident was also the first and only all-Marine kill during the Vietnam War."

Ciao Viva & Have Fun !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Billdebaze for your entries here! And no, I can't hope to address the accuracy of your paint!

However, I and a lot guys we med-evacced are still alive due in no small part to the accuracy of the USMC F-4 guys' ground cover!!!!

B-52s (BUFFS) are nice if you want to clear a few thousand acres. But if my ass is on the line and I'm going in hot to a very hot zone, I really want at least 4 F-4s to keep the Cong heads down!!!!!

BTW: I checked the emoji available on this site and found not a single one that expressed how strong my feelings are!!! I got one ride in a Deuce and was thrilled with their performance. But I can never live long enough to thank the USMC Deuce drivers for keeping me and a bunch of other Juggies alive!!!!!!

Archived