Install the TDS 787-800 Coca Cola jet into FSX

Hi all---I want to install the TDS 787-800 Coca Cola jet into my FSX program and I am not successful in doing so. Can someone please instruct me on the steps to get this aircraft installed?

Thanks in advance and have a great week.

How about a hint as to where you downloaded from???? Filename or link!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yeah, I could not find it until I searched on google :)

If it's this one, the title exceeds 127 characters. A common error when somebody creates it for FS2004. Then somebody with FSX tries it and it crashes while loading.

// WARNING NEVER TAKE OFF "FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013" from under

// If you do those , wings will be gone and other unexpected things will happen.

// OPTANT and the following 0 and 1 is for the Option antenna OFF/ON

// You can just control by changing the number . 0 = OFF 1 = ON

// Also total length of title= must be under 127 letters due of FSX limit.

title=Coca-Cola Livery B787-800 GENx FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 OPTANT0010000000_OPTDEC11110 Tenkuu Developers Studio Boeing 787-8 United Airlines N20904

Try reducing title to something like this...

title=FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 OPTANT0010000000_OPTDEC11110 B787-800 GE United Airlines Coca-Cola N20904

109 characters and this should now work.

You must keep FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 OPTANT0010000000_OPTDEC11110 in the title to function.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I downloaded it from FlightSim.com. Went to advanced, entered "coca Cola" and checked full version check box then search. Came up with one file for FSX showing the coca cola 787-8 with a comment window below it. I downloaded the file and installed it in FSX. Whe I click on the aircraft to load I get the warning that there was an ititialization failure.

Hope this helps.

The initialization error is what I was explaining to you above. The title is TOO LONG and causes the crash. Shorten it as I explained and it works fine. It's the top line in the Aircraft.cfg

2016-8-22_13-45-45-989.jpg

BTW, the plane is a keeper. Thanks to the author Aziz

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Like dogdish said "Make the title= in the aircraft.cfg shorter." Must be less than 127 characters including spaces.

title=Coca-Cola Livery B787-800 GENx FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 OPTANT0010000000_OPTDEC11110

That works!

coke.JPG

Seeing that it uses the 777 2D cockpit, bet your next question is "How to make the gauges work?"

Seeing that it uses the 777 2D cockpit, bet your next question is "How to make the gauges work?"

LOL That just occurred to me and you beat me to it! See "How to use 737 VC cockpit with 787..." or something like that :)

Or my first question with the TDS 787's is the malfunctioning lights "Aziz...LIGHT" then I downloaded the TDS model updates from the Facebook website and everything was fine. "THANK YOU Aziz"

OK guys I really appreciate the help but I guess I am just a dumb ole country boy! Here is what I have done and it still gives me the initialiation error.

I downloaded the file to my downloads folder. I unzipped the file. I then opened the file and using MS word I opened the aircraft.cfg file. I shortened the name as instructed. Removed everything from file name back to "FREEWARE". I then saved the file as "aircraft.cfg" on my desktop. I then removed the existing aircraft.cfg from the file I unzipped and then copyed and paste the new aircraft.cfg file from my desktop to the folder with the model, sound, air etc.. I then dragged the file into flight sim airplanes folder into a file I titled 787 coca cola.

When I open the change aircraft file I see a gray airplane with a question mark that says TDS 787-8. When I click on it and click open I get the error message about the intitialization failure.

I really love this airplane and my wife is an avid coca cola collector so I really want to make this plane work. Can someone please walk me through the steps so i can make this work. Thanks in advance.

You sound like you have installed airplanes before. So I'm assuming you got that far.

Open the Aircraft.cfg file, scroll to the line that reads...

title=Coca-Cola Livery B787-800 GENx FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 OPTANT0010000000_OPTDEC11110 Tenkuu Developers Studio Boeing 787-8 United Airlines N20904

This title exceeds the 127 character limit for FSX (I counted 166). Therefore if you try to open the aircraft, Initialization error.

You must shorten this title to 127 characters or less...

My example...

title=FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 OPTANT0010000000_OPTDEC11110 B787-800 GE United Airlines Coca-Cola N20904

mrzippys example...

title=Coca-Cola Livery B787-800 GENx FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 OPTANT0010000000_OPTDEC11110

Either one will work. HOWEVER DO NOT REMOVE...

FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013 from the title otherwise the plane will not work correctly.

To get this plane to work, the title= is the ONLY thing you will change in the Aircraft.cfg, NOTHING ELSE.

All this Coca-Cola talk has made me thirsty.

Hi Doddish-- I did exactly as you said. I opened the aircraft.cfg file in MS word. I tried using your way and mrzippy's way. Neither would work. I make the change, save the aircraft.cfg file to my desktop, remove the old cfg file from the aircraft folder and paste in the new one. Close out the program and then open FSX. Go to change aircraft. When all the airplanes come up the 787 is NOT in the selection anywhere. I just don't know what the hell I am doing wrong. The change in the title is the only change I made to the cfg file. Any other suggestions? It will be tomorrow before I can try anything else. I will let you know.

Copy to desktop,

then edit there,

with notepad.

Then copy back.

+1 Right-Click on the aircraft.cfg and "Open with" NOTEPAD. And now for the great debate......Coke or Pepsi??

1 vote for RC Cola and a Scooter pie!:p or Moon-pie depending on the part of the country!

index.jpg

Changing the title in a TDS aircraft will cause it not to work.

You don't know what your talking about, read the criteria at the top of every TDS 787 Aircraft.cfg (The painter removed the following from the coca-cola livery Aircraft.cfg for unknown reason)

// WARNING NEVER TAKE OFF "FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013" from under

// If you do those , wings will be gone and other unexpected things will happen.

// OPTANT and the following 0 and 1 is for the Option antenna OFF/ON

// You can just control by changing the number . 0 = OFF 1 = ON

// Also total length of title= must be under 127 letters due of FSX limit.

The painter's title is 166 characters long, fine in FS2004 which he probably created the livery for, causes Initialization error in FSX and MUST be shortened.

Me and mrzippy both corrected the problem and the coca-cola plane works fine. Your not helping this guy fix the problem with your incorrect statement.

PAULCRAIG and il88pp are probably correct. I always used Notepad and didn't think using Microsoft word is why he can't fix it.

Guys, I tried the above and again the plane does not show up in the select aircraft window. So here is what I did: I deleted the file out of FSX, deleted the coke plane out of my downloads folder, downloaded the plane again from flightsim to my downloads folder. I then opened the file with windows explorer. I created a file in FSX under airplanes of TDS 787 Coke. I then moved the downloaded files into the FSX file I created. I then opened the aircraft.cfg file using notepad. I then shortened the name as instructed. I then saved the aircraft.cfg file back into the TDS 787 Coke file. I was asked if I wanted to replace the existing file and I said yes. Then, just to check, I opened the aircraft.cfg file with notepad to see if the change was correct and it was. NOW if things went as they should, I should be able to go into my select aircraft window and see the pretty red airplane. DOES NOT HAPPEN. THE PLANE IS NOT THERE! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I know this must be frustrating for your guys but not as much as it is for me as I have installed new aircraft into my fsx for years with no problems.

Do you have all of the proper things checked in your Aircraft Selection screen? And, you do realize that a TDS aircraft will show up under TDS down in the lower part of all of your other aircraft and not under Boeing? Also keep in mind that there isn't a thumbnail.JPG in the texture folder so you won't see a "nice Red Aircraft" in the selection page, just the Questionmark aircraft. I, on the other hand, see something far, far prettier than that!;)

select page.jpg

Finally got the airplane (gray with question mark) to appear. When open the "pretty red airplane" appears in the selected aircraft window. When I select fly now it shows up at the airport I select but with stubby wings, no engines. And yes, no guages. I will work on that. How do I get my wings back?

Finally got the airplane (gray with question mark) to appear. When open the "pretty red airplane" appears in the selected aircraft window. When I select fly now it shows up at the airport I select but with stubby wings, no engines. And yes, no guages. I will work on that. How do I get my wings back?

Let's see what you eliminated in the title= line of the aircraft.cfg. Post just that line for us.

It had better look something like this:

Here is how it looks. Not exactly like what you posted.

title=Coca-Cola Livery B787-800 GENx

FREEWARE_COPYRIGHT_TenkuuDevelopersStudio_01JUN2013

OPTANT0010000000_OPTDEC11110

You have left some stuff out! Copy mine exactly and paste into your title= line. Once we get the aircraft showing correctly, then PM me your email address and I'll send you the needed gauge files for the panel.

Looking at what you have in red and what I copies and pasted, they look exactly the same. Still no engines and wings. I took care of the guages by just removing the panel and using a two engine panel from one of my other planes. Seems to work just fine. My email is Easier to converse that way.

Kill your email address or a Mod will! Files sent to you! Have we established that you have FSX with SP1 and SP2 or Acceleration installed?

Archived