AI DC-3 Dakota Traffic Problem In FS2004 Query

eddywinch82

Hi there,

The other day I downloaded, and have been using the Simple AI Program by Garrett Hardesty, but I need some help. If someone is willing to help me ? I keep getting duplicate Flights at least 1 other flight to the Isle Of Man (Ronaldsway) and one different AI Aircraft flight destination, Dublin Airport (EIDW) that I have not created myself, with the DC-3 Dakota in the KLM Livery. They are not in the .BGL Traffic File that was created for me, as I deleted that and still got the Dublin Flight and Isle Of Man Flights. I am not sure why, and which other .BGL file they will be in ? The Aircraft I am using is the Default FS2004 DC-3 Dakota in "Kestrel" and "KLM" liveries. Here is the text from the 3 Files I have created using the Simple AI Program, before they were compiled with the program "TTools" to make a .BGL File.

Aircraft File :-

AC#9,010,"Douglas DC-3 Paint8"

AC#10,010,"Douglas DC-3 Paint9"

Airports File :-

EGGP,N53* 19.77',W2* 50.77',79

EGNS,N54* 4.76',W4* 37.25',52

EHAM,N52* 18.47',E4* 45.84',-2

Flightplans File :-

AC#9,G-KLM,1%,24Hr,VFR,12:00:00,16:30:09,020,R,0500,EHAM, 17:00:00,21:30:09,020,R,501,EGGP

AC#10,G-IOM,1%,24Hr,VFR,12:30:00,20:29:37,020,R,0550,EGNS, 16:30:00,00:29:37,020,R,551,EGGP

Could someone on this Forum tell me, what I need to change in the text from those Files ? and what text I should put in it's place. To ensure that I only have one flight a day there and back. From Liverpool to Ronaldsway Airport (Isle Of Man) with the "Kestrel" Liveried DC-3 Dakota, and only one flight a day there and back from Liverpool to Schipol Airport (Amsterdam), with the "KLM" liveried DC-3 Dakota. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Edward Winch Those pictures from the Website Link I provide there, are from what I am seeing in the Freeware FS2004 utilities programs I have "Traffic View Board" and "Traffic Toolbox". Also the Justflight Payware British Airport Addon Packs I have, add static Airline Aircraft to at least two Airports I have gone to in FS2004, Liverpool and Manchester. At Liverpool there are at least two non flying static Airliners one being a Britannia Airline Commercial Jet and a Cargo Channel Islands Commercial Jet. And at Manchester, an static Monarch Airlines Jet and an Airtours Airlines Jet. However I would like to remove them from FS2004, one reason being two of those Airlines, don't operate anymore, also the Monarch Airlines Plane is in the old Yellow and Black livery, and they don't fly. Which folder in FS2004, will those static Aircraft files be in ? So that I can remove the Aircraft in question from FS2004 ? I am not sure you see, any help someone could give me would be much appreciated. Best Wishes and Regards From Eddie Winch

I don't use that programme, but the text doesn't change from TTools.

Aircraft 9 takes off at 1200 (all times GMT) and gets there at 1630 (actually reports in with a landing intention from around 14 miles away) and leaves again at 1700, which sounds like a very short time on the ground.

Aircraft 10 takes off at 1230 and arrives at 2029, eight hours of flying? Long but I guess a DC3 is not super fast, though it must have very large fuel tanks. Takes off at 1630 and flies back, which means it takes off for the return flight before it arrives? Or it waits 20 hours and takes off at 1630 the next day, getting there at 0030 the day after?

Make the time on the ground an hour for plane 9, and change the take off time for plane 10 for the return flight from 1630 to 2129. If that's what you want.

If that doesn't work then use TTools and dump that Simple AI programme

Many thanks for your reply Roger it's much appreciated I will alter the Flightplans accordingly. Are those errors you have pointed out, what's caused the additional flights to be created in FS2004 ? And if so which .BGL file will they be in ? As even when I deleted my TTOOLS created .BGL Traffic File, the additional flights remained in FS2004 unfortunately.

I tried the Simple AI program and could not make it work--I could not enter the AI a/c name correctly and got error messages each time I tried...

Its maker should make that entry pf the name simpler and easy.

It does have possibilties and it is a pity it has that flaw.

Hi Roger, I have deleted the Simple AI program. and have downloaded and now using AI Flightplan Utilities and AI Flight Creator instead. It also displays the Journey in the game in the KLM DC-3 Dakota as taking 8 hours, to Ronaldsway Airport in the Isle Of Man which is clearly incorrect, Ronaldsway is closer to Liverpool Airport than Schipol. Which is strange as the Journey from the same Airport Liverpool, to Amsterdam Schipol Airport is calculated as taking 3 Hours which is more plausable. The EGNS code for Ronaldsway Airport is correct, so does that mean that the coordinates for Ronaldsway Airport are incorrect in the Airports.Txt file ? It would not take a DC-3 Dakota at cruise speed 8 Hours to get to the Isle of Man from Liverpool ! Any ideas you could give me would be much appreciated. Best Regards Eddie Winch.

AC#9,180,"Douglas DC-3 Paint8"

AC#10,180,"Douglas DC-3 Paint9"

EGGP,N53* 19.77',W2* 50.77',79

EGNS,N54* 4.76',W4* 37.25',52

EHAM,N52* 18.47',E4* 45.84',-2

AC#9,PH-KLM,1%,24Hr,IFR,12:00:00,13:49:35,060,F,0500,EHAM,14:59:49,16:49:24,070,F,0501,EGGP

AC#10,G-AIOM,1%,24Hr,IFR,12:04:55,12:45:19,060,F,0550,EGNS,14:50:00,15:30:24,070,F,0551,EGGP

Try this.

Also have you got the program TrafficViewBoard, with that you can follow the AI the full journey plus listen to the ATC as well?

You require FSUIPC to be installed though, tvb_v21.zip

Thankyou ColR1948 for your help, I will use the amended text you have provided. To compile a new Traffic file (.BGL) in TTools. And let you know if it works, from your penultimate post to me. I really appreciate you sorting that out for me. I do have Traffic View Board, I really enjoy it, especially being in the AI Aircraft when it's in the landing pattern at an Airport, and landing when other Airliners are about to take off.

Hi ColR1948, I have Compiled the Traffic .BGL file from the Text Data you said I should use. that seems to have worked. Although I still have got additional flights which I have not created with the "KLM" and "Kestrel" DC-3 Dakotas to the Isle Of man and one to Dublin, for some reason? What has caused them to to have been created in FS2004 ? And if so which Traffic .BGL file will they be in ? As even when I deleted my TTOOLS created .BGL Traffic File as a test, the additional flights remained in FS2004, and also when I delete the latest Traffic .BGL File the Liverpool to Amsterdam remains in FS2004, why is that the case and how do I delete them from FS2004 ? which Traffic .BGL file will they be in ? Also the Justflight Payware British Airport Addon Packs I have, add static Airline Aircraft to at least two Airports I have gone to in FS2004, Liverpool and Manchester. At Liverpool there are at least two non flying static Airliners one being a Britannia Airline Commercial Jet and a Cargo Channel Islands Commercial Jet. And at Manchester, an static Monarch Airlines Jet and an Airtours Airlines Jet. However I would like to remove them from FS2004, one reason being two of those Airlines, don't operate anymore, also the Monarch Airlines Plane is in the old Yellow and Black livery, and they don't fly. Which folder in FS2004, will those static Aircraft files be in ? So that I can remove the Aircraft in question from FS2004 ? I am not sure you see, any help and info you could give me ColR1948 would be much appreciated. Best Wishes and Regards From Eddie Winch

Have you looked in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder for any additional BGL's. not the ones you have just created, they may be in there?

And/Or have you got any other folders either outside the sim or inside the sim that has the BGL in there, just check in the folders, also are there any BGL's in any addon scenery folders?

Just re-read your above post, the static aircraft are part of the scenery, some scenery designers give you the option to have statics or not, if not, do a backup first of the scenery then look carefully for any file that might relate to the static aircraft, some actually say what they are and can be deleted, some don't and it will be trial and error till you find the right one.

I sometimes use DXTbmp program and open the files up then you can see which one is the static.

Thankyou so much ColR1948 all my DC-3 AI Traffic problems, have been sorted out thanks to you. I download the "Search Everything" program from the Website link, you provide in your last post. And I did a search for DC-3 Dakota AI Files, and it found several duplicates in another folder, can't remember it's name that was pointing to FS2004. I deleted them, and now, the Correct DC-3 Dakota Flights from Liverpool Airport to Amsterdam and The Isle of Man are showing on the Traffic View Board Utility. and the duplicate flights have gone Finally ! I also managed to find the correct file, for the static Aircraft placed at Liverpool Airport, from Justflights Wales and West Midlands Airports/Airfields Addon payware I have installed. And made a backup and deleted it. Now the Aircraft don't appear at Liverpool Airport. I will try to sort out Manchester Airport next, so thankyou so much for your help and advice, I really do I appreciate it ! Best Wishes from Eddie Winch

Hi Eddy, Go to TVB and open the 'Aircraft' file then change that line.

Also when you download Plan-G you may get an error popping up saying that 'Map Quest' is no longer supported or something like that.

If you do get the error go in to 'File' at the top left corner, then 'Options' then go to the part that says 'Map Provider' then select 'Open Street Map' then that's it.

Hi ColR1948, I now have another problem with the AI DC3 Dakota Traffic unfortunately. I tried the two AI Flights the one to Ronaldsway (Isle Of Man) and the Plane Pilots, ignore, the Air Traffic Controls request to descend to the correct Altitude. The plane will change it's heading from the Air Traffic Control's commands, but not the altitude, and the Dakota doesn't cruise at 6000 Ft i.e. 060 or even if I change the file to 030 i.e 3000 Ft the plane goes up to nearly 20000 Feet for some reason !? Also I can't get the Aircraft to land straight away, the Aircraft is unable to land it tries i.e. the speed brakes are activated and the gear is lowered, but after a while it tries a different approach. I.e. the gear is retracted and the Plane goes round again, but I gave up in the flight after it's 3rd attempt. Do you know what I need to do to rectify these issues ColR1948 ? I.e. what additional text data, do I need to include in the Flightplan file ? I would like the DC3 Dakota to land first time, other Air Traffic in the vicinity permiting. Any help you could give me, would be much appreciated. Eddie

OK two things, did you change them from IFR to VFR?

and/or are you using the default DC3?

If you changed them to VFR sometimes this happens, if you are using another DC3 and not the default then change the air file, this may sound wrong but change it to the default B737-400 air file.

When the ai ignore the atc changing the air fille can rectify this.

To do it copy and paste the B737-400 air file in to the DC3 folder then change the line in the aircraft.cfg

sim=Boeing737-400

Are you listening to the ATC, is it sending the aircraft round because of other flights?

Yes ColR1948 I am using the default FS2004 DC-3 Dakota, one in a "KLM" Livery and one in a "Kestrel" livery. Although I have new and corrected flight dynamics, which make the default FS2004 DC-3 Dakota, fly more like a real DC-3 Dakota. I got that updated .cfg file Text from http://www.douglasdc3.com/fs2004/fs2004.htm and changed the default FS2004 DC-3 Dakota's .cfg file. I don't think the Aircraft was told by the ATC to go round again, due to the other Traffic on the runway at Ronsaldway, but I will check again in FS2004 shortly. Eddie

Archived