Landclass road lights exclusion with SBuilder

Roger Wensley

I have never thought to ask this on the forums before; I just accepted it as a fact as there doesn't appear to be a way to do it in SBuilder. When I exclude roads from an area, using the exclude function in SBuilder (either default FS9 roads or Ultimate Terrain roads, or both) the exclude does not include the lights along the roads, so at night what are really insignificant dirt tracks across barren tundra light up like a city, even though I have deleted the roads themselves! If they had originally been made as gravel instead of asphalt then there would be no lights, but unfortunately that is not the case.

Is there a way to dump the lights along with the roads?

Maybe replace the corresponding _LM.bmp's?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Maybe replace the corresponding _LM.bmp's?

- With different landclass instead of an exclude, or UT Canada which should replace them all for you.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have UT Canada; it does not delete all the original FS9 roads, so in the case of Nome, for instance, I have roads by both UT and FS9. And a landclass cannot replace a road, it just changes the terrain the road crosses, so a road through a forest becomes a road across the tundra. An exclude polygon is the only way to remove something linear, like a road, or a beach. As Tom Gibson has not suggested something I reluctantly conclude there is no way to remove road lights.

Funnily enough, gaputz, I am now going to write for everybody else's information that there is no SBUilder solution, but unticking all the light boxes in the UT settings and ticking only the enhanced roads box in the roads settings does it, or as near as can be; there are still car lights on some of the roads.

Archived