Landing @ Courchevel Altiport FS2004 Massive Crosswind

Nice!

I have Courcheval, it does not look as good as that in FS9 - was there an upgrade?

Hey Wing_Z No upgrade that i know of At least since I've had it. :cool::pilot:

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

Yeah nice shots.

I hate photo real runway textures

If it means you get a runway in FS9 that is built like a ski jump: small price to pay.

My Dash 7 has made many attempts there, both shocking and brilliant :)

I'll even forgo the AI for it, a brilliant scenery.

I just realised:

1. I don't have all the altiports

2. They are still available for FS9

Off to

http://www.llhinfo.com/prodfs9.html

If it means you get a runway in FS9 that is built like a ski jump: small price to pay.

My Dash 7 has made many attempts there, both shocking and brilliant :)

I'll even forgo the AI for it, a brilliant scenery.

I just realised:

1. I don't have all the altiports

2. They are still available for FS9

Off to

http://www.llhinfo.com/prodfs9.html

True. Makes sence. Kinda wondering about the inclined runway. It's payware? I've never even heard of it.

Looks cool though.

Outstanding set of shots! Great scenery.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Beautiful set of shots Mathew, I don't know you make FS9 look so good!! :)

I agree! Those are some great shots!!:cool: Is that payware or standard FS9?

I have no real world reference, never having been to the Courchevel airstrip. That runway reminds me of the back of a very old horse. Or my wife would probably say it reminds her of mine!!:o I'll have to fly there someday with ORBX Global and FSX to see what it looks like in that application.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I agree! Those are some great shots!!:cool: Is that payware or standard FS9?

I have no real world reference, never having been to the Courchevel airstrip. That runway reminds me of the back of a very old horse. Or my wife would probably say it reminds her of mine!!:o I'll have to fly there someday with ORBX Global and FSX to see what it looks like in that application.

You oughta check out out some of the various websites that have pics of Courchevel. It looks worse than the back of a very old horse. Not quite as bad as Lukla, though. ;)

thumbsUp.PNG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

Ok,

I went there with FSX and it looks a lot different.

cour ap.jpgCour runwa.jpgcour tail .jpg

Having only skied there & not near the airstrip, I haven't RW been near the airstrip. So I don't know which scenery is more correct. I do know that airsrtip is a SON-OF-A-GUN to "fly" into in a strong crosswind!

WOW! I JUST WENT TO WIKIPEDIA. THEY SHOW THE SAME EXACT PICTURE AS YOUR FIRST "SCREEN SHOT!" Yes I'd say, that is a swayback strip. So your "screenshot" is obviously "Picture Perfect!!" :p:p

WOW! I JUST WENT TO WIKIPEDIA. THEY SHOW THE SAME EXACT PICTURE AS YOUR FIRST "SCREEN SHOT!" Yes I'd say, that is a swayback strip. So your "screenshot" is obviously "Picture Perfect!!" :p:p

Rupert the first picture is actually a Reference picture i tend to mix things up a bit.....the rest are FS2004 version Airport scenery from LLH Creations and France VFR photo scenery for that area. :pilot:

Intel i7 2600 16GB RAM 4GB Nvidia GTX970....... Sim Platform FS2004-FSX

Archived