Sounds, Scenery

chuck383

Anyone looking for REAL sounds? Most of my aircraft in FS2004 are as real as it gets! I enjoy flying and making the sim as real as possible for a better experience. I would like to share that with the FlightSim community. I have found very few sounds to be 100% accurate. I'm kind of a perfectionist... I have purchased a few sound sets but the quality was not there. Most have too much "other" noise added it.

None of my sound files are from third parties and I use only high quality recordings. I'm not selling any of them just offering them to the community.

Also there has not been many sceneries done in Massachusetts (where I'm from). I would have thought Hanscom Field would have been done by now but not even an AFCAD! None that I've found anyway...

I'm currently working on a scenery of my hometown airport. I still use FS2004 on a daily basis. I'll use FSX occasionally but I've been with FS2004 since it came out and I've just stuck with it.

I'm kinda wondering what you think 100% accurate is? From the cockpit? From a passenger seat? From outside? In addition, I know I haven't been in or around every aircraft, and I'm pretty sure you haven't either.

"100% Accurate" is a relative term as even if it were recorded with 100% accuracy .... not everyone is going to "hear" it the same due to our different earballs (my term).

Hey, but you are "correct" in sticking with FS2004 ..... now THAT's right on!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chuck,

If you are interested in sharing the sound files, why not just post what you have to the files library, and let the chips fall where they may after that?

I'm sure, since there are plenty of active FS9 users, that they will be used/tested on myriad of different systems, so be ready for both positive and constructive (hopefully not provided in a negative tone) feedback.

Go for it! I always enjoy trying new sounds. Some stay, some get canned. No dirt to any of the authors who create and contribute :)

Neil :cool:

I tried uploading one of my sound files but I keep getting an error... I don't think it went through. It's PW2000.zip in case it did. DHC-4 Caribou.

I have also done a few repaints of aircraft that were at my airport in the 1960's.

Here are some images and one of the original aircraft. What do you think?

Norseman.jpg

13440Main.jpg

Norseman Red Lead.jpg

Your repaints are great chuck383. I'd love to put them in my Norseman. As for sounds, I agree. My Norseman is aliased to the C182. Not very realistic. So I would like to try yours if possible. Some of the best sounds I have heard were done by a fellow called "LawDog2360" in CFS2. His DB605 sounds were superb!

Your repaints are great chuck383. I'd love to put them in my Norseman. As for sounds, I agree. My Norseman is aliased to the C182. Not very realistic. So I would like to try yours if possible. Some of the best sounds I have heard were done by a fellow called "LawDog2360" in CFS2. His DB605 sounds were superb!

Thanks! I'm having trouble uploading here... I could post a link to download free (without surveys!) I'll try to tomorrow.

Thanks! I'm having trouble uploading here... I could post a link to download free (without surveys!) I'll try to tomorrow.

Just uploaded the Caribou sound, problem was the file name (PW2000 already existed) so I renamed to PW R-2000.zip. I'll upload the Norseman skins and sound next.

Looking forward to what 100% authentic sounds like.

I'm not saying it's perfect but it's pretty close... Just trying to enhance the Sim, make it a little more realistic. Better than a bunch of wind and buzzing noise as heard in some sound sets lol

Rally great sounds chuck383! I've already aliased it to a couple of other aircraft in my FS2004 hanger.

Thanks, I'll try to upload some more this week. If anyone needs a particular sound let me know... Recently did a Lear 45 and Citation Excel/Sovereign. I have great sets for

DHC-2 Beaver and one for the Broussard.

Thanks for uploading the Beaver set, I appreciate it.

A couple of quick comments, after comparing them to another sound set I've been using (sorry, can't remember the name of the file, but most likely downloaded it from here).

Your sounds have great qualities, though seem to miss out on the low-end, raspy gurgle that is a trademark of this radial engine.

The interior sounds can be quite similar to the exterior sounds. I've flown many real life hours in the beaver, and it is a loud, throaty, vibrating experience.

Also, the flaps shouldn't have an electric sound when extending/retracting?

Other than that, nice job.

Just heads-up fir those trying to download this sound set: the file name is actually Beaver_R985.zip. It has the underscore between the r and the R. Took me a while to find it in the library without the underscore :)

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play? :D

I like the sound set very much, although I did wonder about the "electric flaps" sound. It just didn't seem to match the "era", so to speak. But heck, what do I know?? :p

Thanks for the sound set, Chuck! Any more you care to put up, please feel free!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

A couple of quick comments, after comparing them to another sound set I've been using (sorry, can't remember the name of the file, but most likely downloaded it from here).

Your sounds have great qualities, though seem to miss out on the low-end, raspy gurgle that is a trademark of this radial engine.

The interior sounds can be quite similar to the exterior sounds. I've flown many real life hours in the beaver, and it is a loud, throaty, vibrating experience.

I have to say Ditto! I also have another sound set that seems more spot on. I renamed it so I, too don't have the original name.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

More pics of ORE WIP. It's a slow process, as is customary when creating scenery.

I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible using Abacus E-Z Scenery. I've had to create a few things myself by editing some library objects.

Orange3-min.jpg

Broussard on the ramp in front of the Administration building.

Orange2.jpg

Broussard parked at Round Power Aviation, one of the newer tenants at the Airport that specializes in Beech 18's and other old piston aircraft like the Broussard.

He actually had a Broussard in a few months ago similar to this one.

ORE from tower view (will probably edit that later). A nice little airport. Not too busy, except for the weekends when Jumptown is active dropping skydivers. Occasionally there's some corporate traffic like Citations or Falcon 900's etc. Runway's are 4800 and 5000 feet.Orange4-min.jpg

Thanks! I have a bunch more that are better. My Broussard sound is spot on, raspy and loud. My T-6 is quite nice. I'll try to upload several soon

Archived