EZDOK keeps making the WinVista/7/8/10 "clicking" sound when i press 2/8 on Numpad??

farhan3201

Hello, I recently got EZDOK for FSX, it's awesome but for some reason, it keeps making the WinVista/7/8/10 "clicking" sound when I try to fly with 2 or 8 on the NumPad. Even if I press it a little, it'll continue on forever, making the sound. It's so annoying, and I need to fix it! The thing is that I have Windows XP, so it definitely is from EZDOK. I tried turning off the sound in EZDOK, but it still does it. Also, when I press the Mouse Wheel Button, it makes the "Internet Web Address" sound. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hello. You are the 'no joystick' guy, right? Well you need to learn the FSX Key Commands. Then assign them to whatever you want. Get the FSX Key Commands zip. Print it out. Use it as a guide when you go to 'Options/Settings/Controls keyboard commands/assignments list. Every been there? I didn't think so. You have to LEARN things so you must read/study to prevail.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I am the "no joystick" guy, but even if I reassign the buttons, I still need to get rid of the "Internet" sound on the mouse wheel... And I already knew about the Key Commands and reassigning keys so... :P And BTW I can't get a joystick because I'm broke ....

EDIT: AND when the sound starts, it won't stop, and when I move the mouse, the camera moves by itself too, even though I'm not pressing Space or Mouse Wheel Button...

AND when the sound starts, it won't stop, and when I move the mouse, the camera moves by itself too, even though I'm not pressing Space or Mouse Wheel Button...

This means you have put EZCA into 'edit camera' mode. Whatever key you pressed to get into edit mode, pressing it again gets you out of edit mode. From memory, it's probably NUM-2.

These sounds are indications that you are pressing keys assigned to EZCA functions. The other click sounds are probably because the numpad keys are set to switch between EZCA views. You need to go in to the EZCA setup dialogs and see which keys are mapped to which functions. If they duplicate FSX key bindings you need to change them. You might think about adding the CTRL key to all of the EZCA key bindings (e.g. if it's currently NUM-2, change it to CTRL+NUM-2). This is a pain, but it's the price you pay when you have multiple add-ons that use keyboard mappings.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Thank you all for your help, I finally solved my problem, I had to reinstall it and get the latest update for it, the one I had was really old, and it was glitchy, but now it works perfectly, I hope I didn't cause any of you too much problem! This addon is awesome! Once again, thanks for all of your help, everyone!

Archived