CH Pro Throttle Question for those who has one...

BRC

The pan Chinese hat on the throttle when pushed up looks left, when down, looks up ect ect...Re-mapping with CH Manager will solve it, temporary;ily as I use FSPIUC configured with numerous aircraft and not compatible with CH Manager...

My question is does yours do the same or show the views correctly...I am trying to determine if I should return it or not as being defective...Id rather it was, so I dont need to use CH Manager with a replacement...

Hi,

First, go to Control Panel Devices and Printers (not from within FSX) and verify that the problem is with the hat switch.

The problem is the hat switch as CH puposly has them mapped that way (according to CH)...Why, I dunno....

That's normal on the Throttle - I use the CH Fighter Stick for my pan view - which is normal I believe... That said - whether you choose to use Control Manager or FSUIPC the mappings are easily changeable - and the settings should be remembered...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

That's normal on the Throttle - I use the CH Fighter Stick for my pan view - which is normal I believe... That said - whether you choose to use Control Manager or FSUIPC the mappings are easily changeable - and the settings should be remembered...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scott...I change them in FSUIPC (or so I think), and nothing changes in the hat....When I went a different tac in CH Manager Im not sure if I saved it as a profile, so I will try that tonight....

Hi BRC,

No worries - I've used CH since game port days - I'm on my third Pro Throttle (first one I trashed to move to USB - the 2nd one I wore out the little micro joystick after a great deal of use - my rudder) - they are a great middle of the road setup without having to spend $500.00 on a HOTAS... I like them a great deal... I had seen posts on this issue as well - forget what CH reasoning was on this - but they did it by design... I don't have FS in front of me - but the pan switch is just an 8 way hat - in FSUIPC you should be able to just select each detent on the hat and map it to a view function... You can do the same in control manager... FSUIPC should just remember any changes - control manager you need to save them to a profile and load them each time... I've used both methods over the years...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Archived