MDesign - Domodedovo Airport UUDD: AFCAD problem?

martinstebbing

This is a very nice bit of scenery, but does anyone else have a problem with the AFCAD (I assume it is this)? AI traffic comes off of Rwy32R at the first taxiway (A), pauses and then comes back onto the runway again to continue the taxi (dotted line), exiting again at the next taxiway off to the left. There (B), traffic seems to get stuck - it waits for ever.

No faults show in AFCAD2/ADE, so I am not sure what the problem can be! I have no other bgl files installed for UUDD, no duplicate AFCADs. The taxi way down to Rwy32R, parallel to it, is OK as AI traffic use it just fine to get to the take-off point..

Not sure if other runways have a similar problem.. I could try deleting some taxi links to try to force AI a/c to follow a different path, but I'd like to know what people think first. Thanks.

UUDD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have done that hundreds of times with various AFCADs over the years, but I can't seem to make this one right. It's baffling. Still get AI traffic waiting half on the runway.

I'll try something more drastic, editing-wise, but if that doesn't work maybe I could upload the file for others to have a look at??

Maybe it's not the AFCAD. I have put a Cessna at the trouble point, set traffic to 100%, FS speed to 4x and watched what happens...

An aircraft will land, come off the runway and sit there. And sit there.. another a/c lands and sits behind it. A third then lands and pushes through both the a/c waiting. The second to arrive also then pushes through the first and they both move towards a gate. The first a/c moves forward a little, but several minutes later (as 4x sim speed remember) is still sitting on the taxiway.

I suppose if the AFCAD were faulty (no faults show in ADE/AFCAD2, overlapping nodes apart) the second two a/c wouldn't taxi on to the gates. But why does that first plane not do the same? Why isn't it being cleared to taxi away sooner (whilst later arrivals are)? This happens every time I fly from the airport...

Any ideas? Thanks.

I'm not up to snuff on AFCAD's or editing scenery. But could there not be any parking spaces for aircraft #1? Maybe the type of aircraft that #1 is is not assigned a parking space so it doesn't know where to go?

If there were not an available space it would simply disappear

Archived