AirplAne hAngArs vs. clothEs hangErs

jandjfrench

Well this one could run and run... How do you spell and pronounce Aluminium? (Sics munce ugo i cudent even spel Teacher an now i are wun) :p

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Well this one could run and run... How do you spell and pronounce Aluminium? (Sics munce ugo i cudent even spel Teacher an now i are wun) :p

tyger arr yew tryeing tue speek "US Trailer Slang"? Eef soe, yew ain't dooing eet rhat!

(tiger, are you attempting to converse in what is called "US Trailer Slang"? If that is the case, you might be proceeding with incorrect syntax...)

Ah bin dueing dis foe meny yeers, an eets got mee meny bennefits frum mah guvmint.

(With this type of Speech Impediment, there are Gov't. Programs available for many years now, that are designed to assist those who need assistance.)

Beesides, tha TeeVee peoples hab bin kycken mah dour doun, wanten mee tuh goe on duh Jerry Springer shoa, tue!

(I have had many offers to appear on TV, to tell my Story.)

'Ya Folla?

Alan :D :p

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

;) jandj, all I can say

is: Wayl me an VarperParlet calls it aloominum

As fer them dikshenry's, we done bin 'em!

(With sincere apologies to Webster's)

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It's "al-yew-minnie-yum"... yep, alyewminnieyum.

Don' nēd a dayum dickshionary... Ah ken spel jes' fyne!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

"Just sayin". And by the way if you can pronounce it Goo-Age your not talking about a Gauge.

Unfortunately, Mr Jandjfrench, in trying to be pedantic about the spelling of "hangar", you managed to shoot yourself in the foot by your misuse of the word "your"!

In fact you meant "you're" that is the contraction of "you are"

Being a bit of a pedant myself, I certainly appreciated your point! I do, however, make allowance for cultural differences in what is (mostly) our common language.

I keep my aeroplane in a hangar. There are many differences between US English and Australian English.

Cheers

Andrew

And let's not forget British English (The Queen's English, if you prefer). That has differences from both of the others.

However you say what you say, Have Fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived