Total Control Quick Panels for Flight Panels

Guest SgtAltek

Guest SgtAltek

Hello everyone! I hope someone can help me with this. I was able to pick up a couple of old Total Control Quick Panels, they are touchscreen panels designed for for control system monitoring and control. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to create some flight gauges/displays for these panels, and interface them with FSX. I do have some programming experience, so if anyone is able to help me out with this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Max

You might look into Sim Innovations (Air Manager) https://www.siminnovations.com/ or Cockpit Solutions (FSxPand) http://www.cockpitsolutions.com/. Both programs provide an array of pre-programmed instruments that can be built into panels and used on cockpit monitors. Both companies allow for programming or modifying of new or existing instruments.

FSxPand is geared more towards the Boeing 737 cockpit builder and offers a working FMC. FSxPand instruments, as I recall, can be modified graphically. FSxPand does offer a number of GA instruments and RJ MFDs.

Sim Innovations’ Air Manager is newer and geared more toward the GA line. They have a lot of Beechcraft and Cessna gauges. There gauges are all written in Lua, and like FSxPand can be modified or cloned into a new gauge.

Both programs can be run off of a separate computer or the main FS computer. They work with both FSX and PD3. Some of Air manager gauges work in X-Plane. I am not sure about FSxPand’s ability to run in X-Plane?

I have used both programs with success in cockpits. FSxPand is more expensive but offers a demo version. Air Manager is perhaps more user friendly with its use of Lua, but they lack in a lot of useful gauges. They depend on the users to provide gauges while Gert (Owner/Creator) programs most his own gauges for FSxPand.

I hope this helps.

John

John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

Archived