[FSX Steam] PA A380 + DX10= disaster || No DX10= Disaster

Yajvan

Hello,

I recently downloaded the Project airbus a380 and today I was flying from OMDB(Flytampa Addon) to EGCC(default scenery). My FSX is DX10 Enabled. I just took a break for 15 minutes. When I came back, I noticed that one wing of the aircraft has gone completely white-plain and the other end is fine. I am noticing that they happen only when I am idle for certain amount of time. Is this aircraft not compatible with DX10? :( if yes, is there any way to make it compatible with Dx10?.

Also, I am having an alienware m17 r2 with a GPU(alienware graphics amplifier) with GTX 980(by windforce). Whenever I turn off Dx10, I am getting extreme low frame rates. Like for example, while in KEWR(parked at a gate) with dx10 and with a load radius of 6.5, my FPS is locked at 30 on top of the dense scenery(NYC) with Drzezwecki's scenery. If I turn off DX10, my FPS just drops below 15. I understand that NYC is a low framerate zone as within a small radius there is the skyline,KJFK and KLGA. I also have AI traffic scaled upto 4%. But I notice that 4% AI traffic does not affect FPS at all. It is the airport vehicles which affects FPS for me. So I turned off AI traffic and still the same. I applied this tweak https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/ . I find this really informative and helpful. As I locked my FPS to 30(ingame frame limiter), with DX10 it stands at 30. Without DX10 it is a disaster. Do you guys have any suggestions? I am using the razer cortex game booster and changing my battery mode to "High Performance".

Without DX10 and with aircrafts like PMDG, is more worse. I get 5-10 FPS in the cockpit. But with Dx10, it is spiking up.

I did not use anti aliasing as it is not compatible with my PC.

Addons I use: PMDG 777,747,737, PA A380, Aerosoft airbus X, Aerosoft mega airport Zurich, Aerosoft US cities Los angeles, Flytampa Dubai.

All the addons except this PA A380 are fine.. I hope I can fix the hole..

Regards

Knowing your computer specifications would be helpful. ;)

Processor: Intel core i7 4980 @ 2.80 GHz

Memory: 16 GB RAM

System type: 64 Bit

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro

GPU: Alienware Graphics Amplifier

Graphics card: Windforce GTX 980

I know that alienware is not the best PC for FSX. I bought alienware as I play alot of other games like GTA V. In GTA V, I am playing with DX11 turned on and my FPS is locked at 60.

Well atleast in FSX I am expecting it to be locked at 30.

Archived