B757 freeware addon with working fmc?

ghembree

Would someone familiar with b757 freeware add on be willing to act as co pilot and offer suggestions and procedural steps in programming the fmc. The cdu does not offer similar path as directions suggest and this box sure acts different than ifly 747

IMG_2042.JPGIMG_2043.JPGIMG_2044.JPGIMG_2045.JPGIMG_2040.JPGIMG_2041.JPGIMG_2046.JPG

The plane you've got is the freeware JustFlight 757, while the manual you have is of the payware CaptainSim 757.

In the JF 757, there is no FMC programming - you just enter your route in the regular FSX flight planner, and the plane will automatically have the route loaded, like the default jets. To switch your navigation source, click the switch just above the gear lever, which has "HDG REF" written above it, if I remember correctly. In reality, it does something else (I won't start explaining), but use this switch and you're good to go - it's the same as the NAV/GPS switch in default FSX planes.

For a freeware, it's a great plane, but just know that normal planes definitely do need FMC programming and don't have a magic NAV/GPS switch.

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh250/henrysb/avatar_11769.gif~c200

I can fly plane using fsx flight plan using gps mode and do ils landing ok. Can you pinpoint HDG REF in photo and how it works in conjunction with fmc? What are steps that activate fmc? Can I take off and land using fmc and how?IMG_2048.JPG

If you look to the right of the upper EICAS - above the EPR control panel (doesn't work in this plane), the NAV/GPS switch is there.

About it working in conjunction with the FMC - the FMC in the JF757 is a decoration. It can tell you how much fuel you'll have at each waypoint in the route, but only using your fuel consumption data. Real fuel predictions are based on the VNAV route.

You don't need to worry about the FMC, just like you don't worry about it in the default 737, for example - there is nothing to do with the FMC.

In real planes, there is no Nav/GPS switch - there are separate A/P buttons for following them (VOR/LOC for localizer or Nav hold, and LNAV to follow the FMC route).

In real planes, you can have the Approach Hold and A/P on, have the A/P intercept the Localizer and Glideslope, and at the same time see on your ND the GPS distance to the airport, instead of the DME distance. In FSX, it's impossible, because you must choose between Nav and GPS, without the option using both.

It appears were are talking about apples and oranges. Forget about real planes, I want to learn how to use fsx fmc on british 757 freeware if it will operate like advertised. My focus is on operational procedure. I have learned to fly most aircraft using gps and land with ils and now I wanted to learn fmc method before purchasing some payware that may or may not be what I am looking for. This web site gives example of what I am trying to duplicate http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=universal+fmc+for+fsx+steam+and+windows+10&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true

You just don't get it.

THERE IS NO FMC PROGRAMMING IN THE JUSTFLIGHT 757! THERE'S NO USE FOR IT!

Payware aircraft are something different. If you want to know how to use payware FMCs, you should be more specific about the plane, because there could be differences, or even better - get the plane, and then start learning how to program an FMC properly.

You might have the manual of some payware airplane's FMC, but you can't try the instructions in it on a freeware version of the same plane, because no freeware 757 has an FMC like the CS 757's, whose manual you have.

The same thing goes for other paywares.

The FMC in your link is the Honeywell FMC. Again, it doesn't work like payware and real FMC's, and it retrieves the route from the FSX Flight Plan with no programming necessary. While you can enter things into the PERF INIT page (Gross Weight, CG, Cruising Altitude, etc.), you will have no use for it - in paywares and real planes, entering those allows you to calculate your VNAV path, Takeoff and Landing Speeds, and more, but the Honeywell FMC, like all freeware FMCs, doesn't do anything with that information - you just enter it, and that's it.

If you want, I could write general guidelines as to what you do in every FMC, but I know only about Boeings, plus there are some things that are plane-specific.

It looks like 737 payware or 747 may be place to start. I have one concern you may or may not have this info. If I purchase one payware aircraft will I be able to fly anywhere in world or must I purchase additional stuff for this new aircraft to operate much like default system?

It looks like 737 payware or 747 may be place to start. I have one concern you may or may not have this info. If I purchase one payware aircraft will I be able to fly anywhere in world or must I purchase additional stuff for this new aircraft to operate much like default system?

Let's see....Once you buy and download the aircraft there will be airport parking fees, takeoff and landing fees , not to mention fuel for that bird! Make sure your credit card is handy and your credit rating is excellent! :eek: That's why I stick to freeware aircraft! ;) Are we having fun yet?

Really, as far as I know, you should be good to go anywhere. You may want the quality of a payware airport or two, with maybe GSX airport services.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

We are having some fun, plus that is good news. I live in San Jose, Ca many of my flights are from Mineta (SJ) airport to Monterey. Some from Stockton-Sacramento easy straight for 777 and a380 a few from Whidbey-Victoria and Vancover I know ils freqs make it easy to load info into gps and radio stack.I have add on 777-200lr ceibr intrcont really great panel. According to you I can do same flights with payware and the only difference will be somewhat better aircraft with the ability to use the fmc if I can learn to do it correctly and using the fmc I can program unit to take off and do auto landing. or is this overstated?

The plane that is in question falls under the category of " f-lite ". As Just Flights definition is "Just Flight's F-Lite range is designed to provide top quality aircraft that are extremely high in detail but less demanding to fly than today's most complex procedural simulators."

I believe you have the free version. Here is a link to the payware f-lite versions.

http://www.justflight.com/category/f-lite

If the version that you have is indeed the Just Flight 757 the manual can be found in your FSX folder under Just Flight. There isn't too much to this FMC as far as route planning is concerned.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Thanks for your time and input, I have freeware ifly-747-400 on runway at Stockton airport ready for flight setup, I have tried using the fmc at klax no luck so far. Couple of questions 1. Must aircraft be at gate and begin at cold start?(I wish to avoid this method if possible at first) 2.Do I need add programs with this aircraft? Could you provide a procedure, simple and concise just to fly with fmc much like a normal flight. IMG_2048.JPG

What did you try to do with the FMC, that didn't work?

Another question - do you know how to input data into fields in the FMC?

I'm not talking about the order, and what exactly you should enter, but do you know how to input a certain number into a certain field, if you're given the two?

"Simple and concise": a flight management computer is not a simple device. And they are all different in one way or the other. In the real world, as they are made by different manufacturers, and in the simulator world too. There isn't the "one" FMC in the FSX world. If and how a specific FMC gauge works is entirely up to the developer who made that instrument. So there is no way around reading the documentation that comes with the specific aircraft and FMC model, be it freeware or payware. Most have some sort of tutorial too, where you can learn how to use the thing.

I recommend watching some Youtube videos about the PMDG 737 NGX (for example from the early days of "frooglesim"). These will give you an idea about how a payware aircraft FMC will have to be operated. All other FMCs by and large work along the same lines, with some differences in layout and functionality. Don't be fooled by some "light" FMC gauges, which offer nothing more than a different way of following the route in your GPS. This is not what an FMC in an airliner is for and/or how it works.

I watched a few videos and made several attempts to do this on ifly 747-400, b757 almost but not yet. I use the honeywell bendix this don't do much controls speed and shows info and will make a turn for you pretty much it. My issues I believe are incorrect procedure on my part some times, and the fmc itself does not display according to the instructions given. If I had a visual example to match an exact system I would use I sort of believe this would do it. What I see on many videos is too much additional info is included that should be omitted on basic first run setup. Just he stuff that makes aircraft function with the fmc, Steps for take off, setting the aircraft up to make the flight, what is required and where to find it. route planner that sort of thing, procedure for auto landing. This is not about watching tv while the aircraft flies. its about learning the procedure. I may have seen too many numbers or letters they all look a like. Believe it or not the f-16 viper is most user friendly of all aircraft for me at this point. It will do a silky smooth ils landing, however it is designed for other purposes. I like flying the 777, a380 and virtavia EH101 coast guard helicopter with cougar ap

Well, the problem with that is - there is no simple way to use a complex piece of equipment. You will have to train for it. Unfortunately, in our simulated world there is only a loose connection between the simulated instrument and the real one. If you have a simplified FMC gauge or even one that does not work as an FMC would at all, the real world manual will not help you. Furthermore, as you noticed, these things are not consumer electronics, and they were not made to be user friendly. You either know what you are doing or you have no business being in a cockpit. And the more sophisticated and "real" the simulation gets, more of the actual real-world knowledge is required too (which IMHO is the point where you stop calling it a "game").

I suggest that you get one good payware aircraft, where you can be reasonably certain that the FMC is well simulated and documented, with tutorials and all. The PMDG 737 NGX would be ideal, but I think for starters the QualityWings 757 would do it too. Or find an extensive tutorial with detailed explanations for the freeware ones that you have.

The main function of an FMC is efficiency. Yes, it will navigate your aircraft, but that was possible before to the same degree of accuracy with INS guided systems. The real deal with an FMC is that it can guide the aircraft through the flight envelope in the most cost efficient way. And cost is all that matters these days.

To control the aircraft the FMC is basically using the autopilot. You can thus fly the aircraft in "managed mode", meaning the FMC has full control, or in "selected mode", which means that you control the autopilot by selecting values on the MCP and overriding the FMC (this is Airbus terminology, but nevertheless true).

The lateral route that an FMC is following is entered as RNAV waypoints and airways, to which you seem to be referring as "letters and numbers". Have a look at the built-in FSX flight planner and some air traffic charts, that is where you will find those (virtual) navigation points. To understand the system, read up about RNAV, what it is and how it is used.

Very well written a good take on the situation a little bit serious about cockpit, I fly out of my kitchen just for the simulated realism. This and golf and house repair keep me somewhat busy. Did some real flying many years ago. I just want to learn this method. Your recommendation of PMDG 737 NGX makes sense. I would like your opinion on a statement of someone saying the PMGD planes are too complex he would use other planes and at same time everyone say they are fine aircraft. It sounds like the payware PMGD 737 NGX is a good place to start,at least it will work. My objective is to learn the FMC application of flying the aircraft, once I learn procedure my next way to use it would be to store a few good flights and when I start just load flights and I am off flying, anyway that is what I think at the moment. Ltrs & #s ref was about changing files, loading and reloading the FMC too many times. Found out both freeware units do not work

The 757 we are talking about also has a step by step procedure and along the way something pops up either I don't have access to or can't get access the default airport landing no ils freq. etc. it will not recognize any other routes.

"serious" - I was - but I was talking about the real cockpit, not the simulated one. I wouldn't want a pilot in there who has to read the manual while he is typing away on the FMC...

Abut the NGX: in a certain way the NGX was my entry into the payware world. One of the main reasons was, that I wanted to be reasonably sure that what I am seeing in the simulator reflects the operation of the real world devices as much as possible (and not what a well-meaning FS developer thought what it should be). And with the NGX I was. The simulation depth is so close to real, that you can use the actual real world manuals (you will get them with the aircraft). Furthermore, there are many really good and helpful publications about it online, so you will always find one that suits your needs and capabilities.

The NGX is just as complicated as the real bird - if people buy this addon because it is "cool" or because everyone seems to have it, they are making a mistake IMHO. But although complex, it still is a computer simulation - you can load panel states (and for example bypass the 30 minute cold-and-dark startup), you can pause the sim at any time, you can retry if something doesn't work out. You have any amount of time that you wish and nothing bad can happen.

This is a flight simulator we are talking about, and that is what I am talking about. I fly out of my kitchen not out of the airport are you out of your mind? This is strictly for enjoyment. I did not give your authority or ask for an opinion on that subject. You would be well advised to keep judgmental calls to yourself. Now about simple and concise issue. This web site has tutorial on 747-400 fmc. For beginner too much info just clutters the mind. This video would be easier for beginner if much of middle was left out and placed in another video.http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=universal+fmc+for+fsx+steam+and+windows+10&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true&videoId=776C3415B Look and see if this clears the issue up for you

Looks like you have completely misunderstood what I was posting. I wasn't talking about you anywhere.

The idea that I wanted to convey was, that if you are using an instrument in the simulator that works like the real one, you will have to learn it like the real one too. There are no shortcuts. And you have no guarantee whatsoever that the FS developer who made an FMC gauge designed it to work like the real thing, so using real world documentation will not help. You always need the documentation and/or tutorial exactly for this individual piece of software.

Example: If you want to use the FMC in the PMDG 737 NGX, you should know what RNAV is, what SIDs and STARs are, how to make a flight plan in advance and why you need performance data and where to get it.

Would someone familiar with b757 freeware add on be willing to act as co pilot and offer suggestions and procedural steps in programming the fmc. The cdu does not offer similar path as directions suggest and this box sure acts different than ifly 747

The first picture that you displayed was of the tutorial flight that is in the manual for the 757 and it explains step by step how to fly it. The manual is in your FSX folder under Just Flight 757. This is a very simple plane to fly as far as programming the FMC is concerned. I am not a pilot but I have learned how to program a FMC using the QW757 and the Aerosoft Airbus. This FMC is a totally different animal. I don't own the PMDG (yet) but from what I read there is no comparison with this FMC. And as far as the IFLY 747 that you mention that FMC takes a little bit of time and knowledge to program.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Archived