Which is best

HoYa

Hello everyone,

I used to play aces high religiously but then it got too games and completely unrealistic, so I quit. This is several yards ago. Lately I've seen videos on the falcon and the DCS flight sims and they look awesome but I know nothing about them and google searches don't help much. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. Are they on line multiplayer games? Or just buy and play alone? Which one is harder to learn ? Which is the better one? Or is there. A third option that I just don't know about? Thanks to all that reply!

I don't have Falcon, but have DCS World with a number of plane modules. I am in awe of the quality, details and authenticity of the planes and graphics. Having said that, I must also add that this is very much a STUDY SIM! Every plane has more or less different key commands and features - all requiring dedication and better memory than I have. But if you have the patience and dedication required, I doubt that you can find a more accurate military flight sim. I tend to favor the WW2 planes and activities, because they are simpler to learn - the modern jets are challenging not so much to fly, but rather to master the complicated electronic weapon systems.

.... all requiring dedication and better memory than I have. .... to master the complicated electronic weapon systems.

That reminds me of the old EF2000. The manual was about a half inch thick and you had to practically memorize it, plus be an expert flying modern jets, just to survive in the campaign mode. (I read this sim was developed by the same company that made the pilot trainers for the real EF2000.)

My best performance was nine consecutive missions (getting killed isn't permanent, you return to the campaign the next morning as another generic pilot). I do much better with piston engines and machine guns.

Archived