Race Track and Race Cars 4 FSX

napamule2

Anyone see the Simviation race track scenery (and race cars) download for Lime Rock (CT)? It's 413 Mb download. I installed it and it's 'ok'. The track has rough and bumpy in a couple of areas, but it's driveable. And the vehicles are also 'ok'. They rely on differential braking in order to turn so it's not easy to drive them. But it's something different and can be a lot of fun. The whole package is by Orion K. Daley.

Chuck B

Napamule

Lime Rock_Download_Simviation.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hey Chuck,

I'm a Lime Rock fan, used to race my MGA there in my youth, but FSX is a flight sim, not an auto racing sim. The mechanics may be similar, but they are definitely different! If I want to simulate the exhilaration of racing, I prefer to turn to GPL (still the best ever produced) and/or rFactor.

I know (and understand) what you mean. I have 'BMW M3 Challenge' and really enjoyed learning how to drive the BMW in that racing program. 'O.K.' put a lot of effort into making this scenery (very nice) and I was just trying to get him some exposure. The cars look good. You can spend a day there looking at the scenery, etc. You don't have to 'race', per se, but can 'drive' around. I loaded my vehicles (5 of them plus Hama's CBR100 bike) and did 58 second laps. Made 80 Gb of FRAPS videos. And you (well, maybe not YOU) can drive the course at night (it's 'lit' up!).

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Is Lime Rock actually clockwise? I went counter clockwise so I may have re-do the video footage (hehe).

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I did not re-do the videos. Made a video of the Ferrari F1 racing around track (going the wrong way? hehe). Video is in the 'MSFS Videos' forum here at FSCom. I am making more later tonight. I have 5 race cars to tune (FDEs), and practice driving, which is time consuming. And THAT (time consumption) is why I do Flt Sim - I am retired (hehe). If you need someone to fly you to the moon let me know (ha).

Chuck B

Napamule

This looks very interesting..

In 2007, Dirk Stuck did something very similar.. 23 F1 racing cars, Hockenheimring track (with animated pit crew), & a few trucks as well. All adding up to about 60Meg. Search for him in our library.

Yes, FS is NOT a racing simulator, BUT it can be fun anyway, & very worthwhile to support our freeware designers, the backbone of our sim fun. Yes, we do have cars, boats & even trains. Our sim does not always have to be 'flying by the numbers'. Nothing wrong with having a bit of fiction thrown into the mix.

Oh, by the way, Dirk's F1 racing add-ons is for FS2004!

It has taken FSX 9 years to catch up?

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Robin,

You are late to the 'party'. Where have you been? I have all of the models (with updated FDE's) from Dirk Stuck, Jessie Corrales, Bill Lyons, Erwin Welker, Hama, and a few others.

I had a hard drive crash in 2013 and lost my 'perfected' FDEs. (The files are still there but haven't got the $400 for a 'lab' to recover them. But I remembered enough to re-construct (with a lot of 'pain & suffereing') to be equal or better FDEs for the vehicles. Still tweaking and doing trial & error, so not finished yet. Here is one video, from 2007, of the F1 cars chasing an Enzo around the airport. Also a couple other videos links. I am 'Chuck B', 'Napamule', 'celeritas354' and 'napammule' at YouTube.

Chuck B

Napamule

F1 721: https://youtu.be/VeL9yG7aJkI

Pinto: https://youtu.be/ib_OCZHQ7aw

Celica F1HO:

Hi Charles, yay! Great stuff. We are looking for cars that will be a bit sticky. Great stuff in the pipeline, even if it is in FS9. I will pm you a bit later. Hard drive crashes are a pain you know where, I we could only heed our own advice on making backups...

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

It was my fault (sort of). I had FS9 and FSX on C: drive. Bought a hard drive and was using the jumper (for 'Master' / 'Slave') and I did not notice the pin had broken off. I added a jumper to 'switch' it and when I fired it up it fried the MBR (Master Boot Record) which made it a 'Not Accessible' hard drive. The files are still there. Costs $400 to retrieve. I will do it one of these days (when I get an higher credit limit on card). I now have SATA HDrives so no jumper pins are ever used or needed.

I got the Aston Martin going 120 kts around curves and 180 kts on straight at Lime Rock race track. But still need to tweak the compression. It's too tight. Will do that tomorrow as it's 3 am (PST) here, which is just past noon at Cape Town. I stay up late all the time. Will PM you link to video tomorrow, too.

Chuck B

Napamule

There might be a slight 'MOI' adjust necessary when going from FSX to FS9. But that's all. I haven't driven them in FS9 yet. Been busy with chores. And today is 'Payday' so I have shopping, etc, to do so it might not be until late tonight before I do 'testing'. I would like to have link to download the FS9 race track by Gary Smith. But I can test at F1HO (Stuck's track). Did not find (Simviation, SOH, Google) any Gary Smith race tracks. Oh, and today is my 'Day Off' (ha).

Chuck B

Napamule

That's ok. I should have known that (senior moment). My boss (Napa Auto Parts) took me with him to film him racing his stock car in Modesto. He asked me to change a tire and I put the nuts on BACKWARDS (ha). But I realized what I had done and quickly put them back on the RIGHT way. So embarrassing! Never forget that one. I am making videos at Lime Rock and going clockwise now.

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived