Where is Steam?

Am I having an old folk mental block or what?? I have installed FSX/Steam and like it so far but also have FSX/Accel, FS9 and CFS3 installed on my PC which all show up in my C Drive and easily allow addons to be made. I would like to add Jan Vissors new update of Manfred Jans fantastic C47 but I cannot find the root file for FSX/Steam. Thanks in advance for any help, Max :confused:

Program files x86/steam/steamapps/common/FSX. At least that is where mine is.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

BTW, numerous mavens over the years recommend installation of flight sim platforms in the root folder of Windows, NOT in Program File folders (which could cause various future problems). I'm just sayin'

Oh no, the dreaded "just sayin'" cliche. :p

Steam installations go where they go, unlike media-installed flight sims. Avoiding Program File folder locations doesn't apply to FSX:SE ... does it?!?

"Just Sayin' is meant to be a puckish little disclaimer to convey, "I have no vested interest in what I've just said. The preceding thought was meant only to be informative and, in fact, I might not even believe what I just said." Just sayin' is almost always used sarcastically and passive aggressively. It is frequently the last phrase in a sentence or a thought. There are 2258 Lexis hits for Just sayin' and an astonishing 1,940,000 Google hits. Many of the instances are in comments but clearly the pandemic is here."

- Joshua David Stein, THE MAKING OF THE BANNED

Hey fltdave - Here's another cliche just for you: Lighten up!

That little discourse you quote would have been perfect on an old "Seinfeld" episode. But I swear, henceforth, I will never end a reply in this forum with "Just YadaYadaYada...

Hey fltdave - Here's another cliche just for you: Lighten up!

That little discourse you quote would have been perfect on an old "Seinfeld" episode. But I swear, henceforth, I will never end a reply in this forum with "Just YadaYadaYada...

Hey, I was JUST SAYIN' ... :p Touché!

Steam installations go where they go, unlike media-installed flight sims. Avoiding Program File folder locations doesn't apply to FSX:SE ... does it?!?

Sure it does.

There are mechanisms in the Steam client to put your game libraries wherever you want.

The easiest way is to install the Steam client outside of Program Files to begin with.

As one high ranking Microsoft exec once told me "it's your computer, take ownership of it!"

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

As Mr. Bean said: Put it where you want it.

Of course, I would never tell you where to stick it...on your PC of course :D

I have mine installed on my D:\ partition, and it works fine.

I made a desktop shortcut to FSX, to make installations fast and easy. I don't trust auto-installers as far as I could throw my ex-wife. If you saw her, you'd know, it's as impossible as trying to throw the world. I point them at a temp folder, and copy all the "stuff" over myself. I always feel safer that way, and after reinstalling FS9 time and again after an auto-installer got done with something, I learned my lesson.

I also made a short-cut to FSX.EXE it's self, and that way I can always run it as administrator. I seem be a little OCD about doing that. If an EXE makes it's own desktop shortcut I can make Run As Administrator, fine, otherwise I make my own.

I also back the sim (game, whatever you call it) up about once a week. Steam did that right. They made it very easy to do, and I am all for easy. I'm just a lazy sod...

Enjoy! That's the point of it, after all. To have fun :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived