Sparks behind Project Airbus A321

ariking777

Every time I load the Project Airbus A321, it's cold and dark, as it should be, but as soon as I turn the battery on, circle-shaped fire balls, perhaps sparks, appear behind the vertical stabilizer. I tried turning the Smoke System on and off, I turned on the APU and engine fire agents, but it wouldn't stop.

I deleted all of the spark effects from the Effects folder, but it keeps happening.

Note that it doesn't happen to me with the A320, A319 and A318 - only the A321.

http://rs258.pbsrc.com/albums/hh250/henrysb/avatar_11769.gif~c200

Is that aircraft a download from this site? In the A-321 aircraft.cfg under [effects]

do you see anything like this? Take a screenshot and show us what you see.

[effects]

wake = fx_wake

water = fx_spray

dirt = fx_tchdrt

concrete = fx_sparks

touchdown = fx_tchdwn, 1

windshield_rain_effect_available = 0

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I know about the aircraft.cfg and it's like that on all the Project Airbus A320 family.. I just deleted fx_sparks from the Effects folder, without modifying the aircraft.cfg, and it didn't help.

I haven't ever saved a flight as a default one.. Plus, I've deleted the fx_sparks file, so even if I had saved such a flight it wouldn't happen.

OK, now answer my other question....where did you download from and what is the filename or link? I'm more than happy to look at it and see if there is actually a problem!

Quote: '..I've deleted the fx_sparks file, so .... it wouldn't happen'. WRONG...

You don't delete any of the lines in (effects) section of cfg. You add '.boo' extension and that will DISABLE it. Otherwise it just reverts to 'default' setting (ie: it's still there anyway). The '.boo' extension 'trick' belongs to Bill Lyons (he invented it) and is only way to effectively DISABLE any of the effects. Sparks can be due to SCRAPES (type 2) cnt pts being wrong value for vertical position (ie: it's in the ground). There is no scrapes on or under ground level (ie: wheel cnt position).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Dear sir, I deleted the FILE. So the line in the CFG is still there, but it refers to a deleted file.

I'm not that dumb.

Mrzippy, I downloaded it a long time ago, and I have no idea where from.. I can tell you this issue started only a week or two ago, and wasn't there before.

Dear sir, I deleted the FILE. So the line in the CFG is still there, but it refers to a deleted file.

I'm not that dumb.

OK, I guess since you won't say where you got the aircraft, you will fix it yourself!

Delete the 'fx_sparks' file OR delete the line in (effects) and the Sim Engine will still revert to a default effect. Where the Sim keeps this file I don't exactly know, but I suspect in a '*.dll' file, stored somewhere 'safe' (where simmers can't mess with it?) but accessible for it's own use.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Mrzippy - it's not for certain, but I frequently download from Rikoooo, and it may have been the site, so here's the link to the package from Rikoooo:

http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/6/674

Downloading now...2hrs.....slow boat from Bangkok! and it's only the A321(any livery) that does this?

Yes, add extension. Like this: concrete=fx_sparks.boo . The '*.boo' extension added to any effect (I do this to 'spray' as it's too much) will disable it. Reload the airplane for it to take.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edit: Me too... 2 hrs left for download. Cheesh. All of this just so I can look at the cnt pts and the effects sections of 321 cfg. All in a days work, I guess.

Edit: Me too... 2 hrs left for download. Cheesh. All of this just so I can look at the cnt pts and the effects sections of 321 cfg. All in a days work, I guess.

Life's tough when you get old, Chuck! Take a beer break, put yer feet up on the desk and take a nap!

OP, if you carefully land it in the water, with crash detect on, does it float? There is a mod for the a321 around that adds floats. It is to simulate the real world 'captain scully hit's a couple of geese and lands in the hudson river' crash. This mod adds floats to the plane, which may cause the sparks I think. If unsure, check the plane's aircraft.cfg for floats. (i think the mod is called 'hudson mission' or something.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I did not figure the A-321 would have floats so did not consider that. Float cnt pts WILL cause sparks, I am sure of that. IF they are placed in wrong position. Generally speaking the correct placement is 'inside' the wheel's 'area'. IOW the cnt pt value will be LESS than the wheel's lon, lateral and vert values. Sounds like a float cnt pt got placed in wrong 'area'. And if they placed the floats too much below the enginee, that will cause them to 'stick out' and spark due to it being dragged along the ground. It would be best to place the floats just below the end of the wings. Ah, Cnt Pts - my passion!

Chuck B

Napamule

Yes, add extension. Like this: concrete=fx_sparks.boo . The '*.boo' extension added to any effect (I do this to 'spray' as it's too much) will disable it. Reload the airplane for it to take.

Chuck B

Napamule

It's funny you should say that - I had the problem with the spray below the plane in the air, CS 757, and when I deleted the effect it stopped..

Anyways, I'll try it out.. Worst case, I'll redownload the entire package. By the way - if you're registered to Rikoooo, the downloads are quite faster.

Archived