Active Sky 2016 + REX Soft Clouds

Timberleaf

I am using the AS16 trial offered by HiFi. I also am using REX Soft Clouds. In this picture I am using the first set of clouds. So far, everything that is being advertised, including the in-cloud motion effect of the clouds racing across/over the windshield. I am not trying to show-off pictures, just give a visual example of what the weather was like at the time, and what was visually depicted representing the weather at the time.

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

I've been using the active sky products for years and this is yet another Winner. I almost fell out my chair when I first experienced the cloud fragments racing past the canopy and wings of my A2A P-51. This feature and others, like the greatly improved maps, make it well worth the upgrade price. I too use it with REXE and soft clouds. Now only if FSX could get cloud shadows as does P3D...(yes I know this will never happen :()

Rod O.

MSFS or BUST!: i7 10700k @ 4.9Ghz, 2x16GB DDR4 @ 4000 cas 16, evga RTX 3080 ti FTW III

These pictures are with the Custom Weather creation feature. Absolutely stunning, imho. It seems the custom has such a diverse set of variables. The clouds used are still REXSC set 1 with REX 4 cirrus.

Capture 3.JPG

Capture 4.JPG

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Archived