Manfred Jahn's C-47 V.3 Beta released at Simouthouse

mrzippy

This should be a winner since the V.2 was so good! SOH sever is busy at the moment and I hope MJ will upload at this site also.

Downloading now. Will post a screenshot or 2.

Nice interior!

c47v3-p3.jpg

c47v3-p2.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Got it ! She's an absolute beaut - looks, sounds and flies really well. Version 2 was good, but this is soooo much better with the new VC. The addition of checklists add to the immersion IMO It's hard to believe it's not payware!

Ha, I guess I'm not the only fan of Manfred Jahn's DC-3 series of planes! (Huge understatement) Unfortunately, the server's overloaded right now.

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

Really enjoying flying the C-47v3. The team did an outstanding job!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Ha, I guess I'm not the only fan of Manfred Jahn's DC-3 series of planes! (Huge understatement) Unfortunately, the server's overloaded right now.

You're not wrong there - I managed to download it at 12:13 UK time; it had already been downloaded over 450 times by then. Been impossible to get into SOH since.

Download from where? Where is it available???

edit: found it but the server is temporarily (hopefully temporarily) dead.

Server is not dead...just overwhelmed. Seems every simmer on the planet is trying to download at the same time. I managed to get it early this morning, along with the Mallard package. Eventually the traffic will slow down...

Server is not dead...just overwhelmed. Seems every simmer on the planet is trying to download at the same time. I managed to get it early this morning, along with the Mallard package. Eventually the traffic will slow down...

Just got the Mallard....Quack, Quack! Posted some screens in the Screenshot Forum.

I don't think references to the Mallard belong in this thread but seeing as how I didn't bring it up here goes. I downloaded it a week or so ago and discovered that in the cabin by clicking on the table you'll either have your laptop or a pack of smokes and a strange colored drink. And the damn thing is so leaky that you have to turn on the bilge pumps pretty often unless you want to sink. Well, it gets too heavy to take off anyway.

Is it anything like Post#6!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]191720[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]191721[/ATTACH]

Nope just black squares like a texture is missing. I did put the included effects into the effects folder.

EDIT Javis just poted the BMP files on SOH. You must have already had them from another plane.:cool:

Yes this is a real pleasure, even at this first beta stage.

Couple of things I am pondering though

1: Why on earth is there a VLE for the landing lights (see Monitor speed card)? they're embedded in the leading edge, not swing-down units!

2: I think the aircraft FDE is currently overpowered or underdragged. I'm still seeing acceleration in a 1,300 ft / min climb at 120 kts when just 1,000lb shy of MTOW. The initial acceleration to Vr is probably a good few seconds too fast and at low IAS/ high power/high AOA/high drag with Gear down at T/O I'd expect to see a very small rate of acceleration until the aircraft is cleaned up and set to a modest 500 ft / min climb rate. She's a flying shed, not a rocket-powered roller skate!

3: External model doesn't reflect (sorry...) the window positions - open side or front windows and they don't move in exterior view. There is however, a great change in perceived sound when in the VC with opened side windows.

I'm sure these will all be refined over time, much as the Super DC-3 was, but it's all worth it just for THAT VC. It's a work of art!!!

Hey zippy,

I think it's a bit too early to get into "Adjustment mode". Try to hold off until 4 or so. If I can you can.

And oh, by the way, while screwing around with the C47 views when I moved the view point backward and looked aft I saw 2 strange green boxes following. At least one seemed to be located pretty close to where the cargo door would be if the cabin was simulated. May be related to the paratroopers.

Jim F.

Hey zippy,

I think it's a bit too early to get into "Adjustment mode". Try to hold off until 4 or so. If I can you can.

And oh, by the way, while screwing around with the C47 views when I moved the view point backward and looked aft I saw 2 strange green boxes following. At least one seemed to be located pretty close to where the cargo door would be if the cabin was simulated. May be related to the paratroopers.

Jim F.

I'm with Jim. Messing about with a public beta is likely a waste of time. If the previous version and the Super DC3 are anything to go by there will be lots of enhancements to come from the developer.

Best to leave things well alone and just enjoy the freeware... ;)

Does anyone have an updated effects file that they could post a link to here? I thought I saw a post about this. I have no beacon ray light and no panel lights and no engine smoke on startup.

Thanks.

These are things they are probably working on! There is no panel light as of now. When it's dark, you need to turn on the cabin light. I think the engine startup smoke effect,

startup=fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF, was overwritten with another effect with little or no smoke.

UPDATE: I reinstalled the original fx_Cranky_DC3_TFF from the C_47V.2. Engine startup smoke is back! My beacon light atop the vertical stabilizer flashes nicely.

C47 engine startup smoke.JPG

Hi,

Is there a missing texture; the black area at the bottom of the fuselage near the front?

2016-7-25_13-27-15-230.jpg

It looks the same in Zippy's picture with the paratroopers as near as I can make out. If I could fly inverted that might shed some light on this but I thought I'd ask first.

Jim F.

Ya...sure, you betcha! Yumpin' yiminy there sure is a black panel. Remember, it's only a Beta Version release. Played with the paratrooper exit position so it looks a little more realistic! Also replaced the engine smoke effect with the Version 2 effect, so that's back!

c-47.JPG

Archived