Roger Wensley Muddy Waters Sceneries

Qballbandit

Hello,

I went on a kick list week installing a bunch of Roger's scenery's for float planes. I have then all working fine except for the Muddy Waters series, which all display blank textures on most of the objects. ( I have #3 & #4 installed).

I have a main folder called "MuddyWaters" in the Addon Scenery folder. In the MuddyWaters folder, I have the scenery and textures folder, all loaded with the appropriate files.

When fly to the bases/camps, the objects are all there, but most of the textures - the cabins, planes, docks, are just blanks. I see the textures in the texture folder, but can't figure why they don't render in the sim? I do see sidewalks, grass ok, but none of the main objects.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

Neil :cool:

I had the same situation recently with a freeware scenery for subic bay philippines. What caused mine was I found out that landclass sceneries actually had to be at the top of the priority list, once i did that my textures were fine. But that may not be your problem, it could be your texture files were inadvertently named wrong or something else.

- bernie

p.s. no need to call me Capt folks, Capt Flappers is just a name my wife teases me with because of my flight sim obsession. :o

Hello again Hans,

I have not, but can do that now and look at the results.

I also noticed it's more widespread across all of Roger's float scenery's that I've installed.

What I am seeing is perplexing. Pieces of docks will display, while others won't. One location none of the dock displays, where at the next it all displays. One scenery location displays the static plane, while the next location does not. Oddities like this through out the various scenery locations.

Neil :cool:

Neil,

I had a look at the "Muddy Waters around Ottawa" scenery for FS9 and in the description it specifically says that Ultimate Terrain and the RWY12 library files are required. I don't know what a missing Ultimate Terrain will do because I have no experience with it but part of your problem now certainly sounds as though you are missing the RWY12 textures. Download these and install those first, after which your blank objects will at least look normal.

If you do have Ultimate Terrain installed and working, then your other problem could be related to a scenery priority issue.

Good luck

Hans

Archived