Direct X 11

Hello. Yesterday I saw a video on YouTube about fsx and insane graphics. He posted what the computer specs were and Direct X 11 was one of them. Does fsx support this? Also, where can I get this and will it positively or negatively affect fsx? Thanks.

FSX doesn't support using DX 11. There is a menu selection to use DX10, but not everyone thinks that's beneficial. Direct X, is something that comes with Windows, and is a display/gaming interface (software, of course). So if you have Win 7 or later (probaby Vista, maybe XP, then you already have DX11.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

FSX doesn't support using DX 11. There is a menu selection to use DX10, but not everyone thinks that's beneficial. Direct X, is something that comes with Windows, and is a display/gaming interface (software, of course). So if you have Win 7 or later (probaby Vista, maybe XP, then you already have DX11.

Over the last few years I've read many posts about various problems with scenery including "black boxes" where building and trees should be when using DX10. The universal answer has been "Turn DX10 off." I had a very bad "black box"experience with ORBX and other scenery involving the West Coast. I posted a query online and was told "Turn DX10 off." I did that and have had no problems with "black boxes" showing up in my scenery since. So I don't recommend anyone use DX10 or I guess today, DX11.

As always, your experience may vary from mine.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Many of us run DX10 with Steve's DX10 Fixer program for excellent graphics.

CPU I7-960 OC @ 3.8 Ghz, Asetek Water Cooler

Asus P6T X58 MB, 6Gb RAM Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz

EVGA nVidia GTX 570, 1.28Gb DDR5 RAM

1 Tb SATA II HD, Kingston 128Gb SSD (FSX only)

Apevia 800W PS, Win 7 64-bit Acceleration

OrbxFTX Global BASE, OrbxFTX Global Vector, OrbxFTX open LCEurope & open LC NA1, FS Genesis World Mesh, DX10 Fixer

Many of us run DX10 with Steve's DX10 Fixer program for excellent graphics.

CPU I7-960 OC @ 3.8 Ghz, Asetek Water Cooler

Asus P6T X58 MB, 6Gb RAM Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz

EVGA nVidia GTX 570, 1.28Gb DDR5 RAM

1 Tb SATA II HD, Kingston 128Gb SSD (FSX only)

Apevia 800W PS, Win 7 64-bit Acceleration

OrbxFTX Global BASE, OrbxFTX Global Vector, OrbxFTX open LCEurope & open LC NA1, FS Genesis World Mesh, DX10 Fixer

That's good to know! When I get the chance I might give it a go as well.:cool: I'm not familiar with this "fixer." Is there a cost involved or is it freeware?

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Freeware filename... 'shader_release_v3.2.2.zip'

or a modified version... 'shader_release_v3.2.3.zip'

Can't locate it in the FlightSim library, however available at a well known, competing flight simulator website.

Payware currently is $28.99 USD @ https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/

WELL WORTH IT!

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Archived