Struggle To Get 30FPS With Scenery With A GTX 960 4GB ?

Airbusmad

Hello Everyone

Ive recently got a NVIDIA GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 and i sturggle to get 30FPS in small airports with scenery

for example I get 26FPS With

ORBX FTX GLOBAL

UK2000 Stansted

Its really upsetting that i spent £200 on a GTX 960 and my frames still arnt amazing

And just for reference i have an intel core i5 4690K 4.2 GHz

Some Please Help !

There are many users with lesser systems than yours that are running P3D just fine. You need to adjust your settings for the smoothest operation possible at the lowest FPS. My system is much stronger than yours and I have mine locked at 20 and it's as smooth as glass.

I have another system with an old 980X cpu and gtx650 card and it runs p3d just fine with all the orbx stuff.

There's not much tweaking but you do need to adjust your settings to get the best balance for your system.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I have an i7 with a GTX 970 and, many places, don't do much more than that. So much depends on where you are, but it's also about slider settings. I cannot keep them all maxed, except in a few remote areas. And in New York, LA, etc. I have to have many settings at sparse and not much above Normal, with water low, and weather set low, and even then may only see 15-20 (occasionally less) fps. And this is all with FTX Global Base and Vector, plus all available North American Regional ORBX sceneries.

So you're not doing bad for what you have.

Hint:

I've saved sets of settings for different places/conditions, so that I can go to a very low setting for LA easily and repeatably, then the same for Haines, Alaska on high settings, just for example.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived