FSX Steam Edition ATC...

;)Hello, again. It seems that I've posted more questions in the 3 weeks that I've had FSX, than all the years (about 10) that I flew FS2004.

Here's another...Can anyone here tell me why ATC always seems to want to cancel my IFR flightplan. This has happened to me twice in two days. Both times, while I was taxiing. Today, however, I kept my cool, and ignored the cancellation:rolleyes:. I taxied to Rway 25R, and then requested a new flightplan:p. I prayed that ATC would give me the same runway, which they did. I took off, like normal. This was Las Vegas Intl, btw, and as usual, I flew the default LearJet 45.

Don't want to keep doing this, however. I'm sure that one day, soon, ATC will NOT give me the original runway, but a different one.

Anyone have any suggests? Am I missing something:confused:

Are you giving ATC any just cause to cancel your IFR plan? Are you neglecting any orders given like hold position for another aircraft on the runway? Your other post that stated you were taxiing for 45 minutes seemed odd at best. Are you using the "Progressive Taxi" feature with the yellow arrows to follow or are you getting lost en-route to the runway?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

As mentioned, I agree. Misbehaving is the mostly likely cause. Until you get familiar with how the ATC behaves, and familiar with the airports where you like to fly, the Progressive Taxi feature is your friend.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Every command that ATC gives you has to be confirmed by you sending the correct answer on the correct frequency. If you don't do this a couple of times, then ATC will cancel your flight.

A good indication is that ATC keeps repeating the command. In that case you obviously didn't respond correctly.

From the time you are given taxing instructions, you have a limited amount of time to taxi to the assigned runway. The other reasons ATC may have cancelled your flight plan have been mentioned.

As to runway assignment, this will depend on your parked location at the airport when you ask for clearance. It will also depend on available active runways, which is affected by a technique to open non-parallel runways for simultaneous operations. You can always ask ATC for another runway - assuming one is open and available.

Mr. Zippy: I ALWAYS follow instructions. And since I don't know the tax-ways very well, I do use "progressive taxi". And, just so you know, yesterday was another looooong taxi to the runway. I know KLAS is a large airport, but not THAT large, I think????

Doubt it. 15 will try MY patience, but 20 is typical. In Vatsim under ATC control, they will ask anyone over 20 knots ground speed to slow down. Make sure you are using GROUND speed, not air speed for your guide. It's normal to slow much more than this on the turns. In an airliner, I usually use 10-14 knots on the 90s.

As suggested above, if you get repeated commands from the ATC, you need to change what you are doing or respond with the acknowledgements.

-Get route clearance

-get taxi clearance.

-get runway position clearance for take off.

Make sure you are always tuned to the right controller. If you are not tuned to the correct one, you'll see a prompt to tune to a different one in the ATC dialog.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Kagazi: Could it be that I'm taxiing too slow? I NEVER go faster than 15-20knots. Any faster and I find myself losing control of the taxi...Could THIS be a reason??

I was referring more to you receiving taxi clearance and not moving for a while. If you receive taxi clearance and you push back there's more than enough time for you to taxi to the runway. If this is the case then something else is going on.

Amberdog1: It's the flight plane generated by FSX, itself in the flight planer. Also, I'm using the default LearJet 45. No addons as yet. KLAS to KDEN. IFR. I may have deleted the first waypoint that FSX Flight planer suggested. I believe it was FL290. Oh yeah, I had set the traffic density at about 85%...Take off time approximately 0900hrs...

Using the default Lear, I set an IFR flight from KLAS to KDEN, High airways. It set at 25k. The runway was 25L. I went to the runway, approx 5 min ground time. I then spent another 20 or so mins going around the airport then back to 25L and took off. My flight never was canceled so I can't say why your was. this is an interesting situation. My 2 addons are ASN and Traffic X. I wish I had an answer for you. Please let us all know what you figure out.

AD

ATC DOES keep repeating commands...to other aircraft advising them to watch out for..."LearJet on the runway..."

I don't use the default ATC, but I wonder why progressive taxi places you "on the runway"? Is this an airport where part of the taxi route is along a runway? I don't know what the default ATC expects you to do in that situation. On the other hand, if you're already in the takeoff position on the runway, I'd expect ATC to be clearing you for takeoff instead of warning other aircraft to watch out for you.

Dugald

Archived