If there were to be a new flight simulator announced, what would you want in it?

Flight_Sim_Newcomer

Some things I would want would be;

Utilisation of 64 bit Operating Systems.

GPU texture loading optimisation to minimise CPU overhead.

Real life emergenicies such as engine failure/fuel pump malfunction, brake fluid malfunction, avionic failure, lightning strikes, military jets stalk you if you go over no fly zones.

That is all I can think of, please leave some ideas if you can. ;)

I'd like to see a new flight sim that includes Google Earth 3D scenery.

For example this is a GE screenshot of the Humberstone area of Leicester (England) where I grew up and it's sensational, so hopefully the Google Earth people will do a deal with a flight sim company to include their 3D scenery of other cities and towns too and include it in the sim.

(PS- at the moment not all cities and towns are in 3D but I gather GE are adding new areas all the time)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Goog-earth-Humberstone_England_zpsobol7zz2.jpg~original

More detailed scenery so VFR flight would be more interesting. Cities like Aerosoft Manhattan; better rivers; accurate roads (such that navigation could be done with a road atlas); differentiation of deciduous forest and evergreen forest, corn field and pineapple field, Sahara and Australian deserts, etc.

Better ATC, more interactive. Ability to involve ATC in emergencies, which leads to:

More realistic "breakdowns". Not always engine one, not always on takeoff, not always complete shutdown; not always dead radios.

An option to rate pilot performance - staying on schedule, adherence to regulations and procedures, etc.

..accurate roads (such that navigation could be done with a road atlas)..

I already do that in FSX with Photoreal scenery (screenshot below) but we have to stay above about 1500 feet or it looks blurry so yes, I hope future sims crisp it up right down to the deck-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/FSX-TMothb.gif

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/FSX-henleyb.gif

I would like to see an 64 bit open source engine to build on. Opengl maybe Open source that would enable developers to build on and improve yet be able to charge for their work. And some sort of standard so different implementation´s would work together.

Real life emergencies like smoke in the cockpit, doesn't get more serious than that, pilots hardly see their instruments.

• 2 weeks later...
Realistic and accurate scenery. Accuracy of coasts, rivers, lakes, shapes of towns and roads etc to at the very least the standard of Ultimate Terrain; UT made FSX look childish and the view out of the cockpit must reflect the chart for the area. Real life airport buildings as far as possible, not generic; realistically not every airfield in the world can be made so there has to be provision for add-ons by payware and freeware designers. Real cities would be nice too though I can see that incorporating google earth 3D buildings might be somewhat demanding and not everyone can afford a Cray computer. Full facial headsets and 3D views of the direction you turn your head to, both in and out of the cockpit?

• 2 months later...

AI Stewardesses.

Full forward/backward Combat Capabilities.

600fps under ALL Wx Conditions, including @ EGLL, WXYZ and Supercalafragilisticexpealidoshus [sicop], too!

:p

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived