Issues install Honeywell FMC

I know they are fine. Before I just copied the files into the texture folder for the crj white texture since it would not work.

ACK! Don't be placing stuff where it don't belong!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

ACK! Don't be placing stuff where it don't belong!

I understand that. I no longer have it set that way. As stated before, I did a fresh install of fsx, so everything is as it should be with the only edits being exactly what is instructed by the honeywell FMC and that texture pack. Neither are functional currently on my FSX. I now ask that if you are not going to provide aid or guidance to help me solve this to please stop posting. You are still able to obviously, but I am posting because I genuinely want to solve this issue.

Again, the aircraft.cfg looks fine.

so does the folder in place.

So again I wonder, are you really starting the correct copy of fsx. Do you have fsx installed in two places at once perhaps. Or made a backup copy of the full folder.

Because, if that was the aircraft.cfg file, the paint should show.

-------------------------

Quickest way to test what's going on:

See that sceenshot with the

\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\.....etc path.

(showing the crj folder)

open that path.

Check the delta folder is there.

Then also, open the aircraft.cfg file. Make sure you don't have [fltsim.4] two times.

------------------------------------------

if it is all ok, go up a few folders in the same explorer window, to the folder: \FSX\

In there, double click the file fsx.exe

If all is well, then that should start the fsx copy that the Delta is in.

---------------------------

Once you have it showing, find out what you have been starting all this time instead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This may not apply to Win 10 (which might be different than Win 8) and you may have to change your Folder Options to "show hidden files", can you look for any FS related files in C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

Also, did you reinstall FSX:Steam or simply move the folders?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

As an FYI, you can link to a direct post...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?299617-Repaint-in-FSX-Steam-Edition&p=1982809#post1982809

On the top, right corner of each post is the post number. That number is actually a link to that post.

You can right-click on that number and copy the link location, then paste in a reply.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

As an FYI, you can link to a direct post...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?299617-Repaint-in-FSX-Steam-Edition&p=1982809#post1982809

On the top, right corner of each post is the post number. That number is actually a link to that post.

You can right-click on that number and copy the link location, then paste in a reply.

peace,

the Bean

Ya beat me to it!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Again, the aircraft.cfg looks fine.

so does the folder in place.

So again I wonder, are you really starting the correct copy of fsx. Do you have fsx installed in two places at once perhaps. Or made a backup copy of the full folder.

Because, if that was the aircraft.cfg file, the paint should show.

-------------------------

Quickest way to test what's going on:

See that sceenshot with the

\steam\steamapps\common\fsx\.....etc path.

(showing the crj folder)

open that path.

Check the delta folder is there.

Then also, open the aircraft.cfg file. Make sure you don't have [fltsim.4] two times.

------------------------------------------

if it is all ok, go up a few folders in the same explorer window, to the folder: \FSX\

In there, double click the file fsx.exe

If all is well, then that should start the fsx copy that the Delta is in.

---------------------------

Once you have it showing, find out what you have been starting all this time instead.

I did as you said, and the texture is still not showing nor is the FMC.

I want to end saying thank you all so much. I appreciate you all taking your time and helping. You all gave me the correct solution.

The problem was as stated in the thread linked.

If you make edits to the default aircraft such as changing the panel.cfg or aircraft.cfg to add a texture you must go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\379233\SimObjects\Airplanes or your respective FSX\DLC\379233\SimObjects\Airplanes if it's not in program files. I am guessing this setup is exclusive to the steam edition. This was the solution. It is now all working.

fmc work.jpg

textwork.jpg

I am thrilled to see this resolved and confused as all get out as I do not have that folder.

My default planes are in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes

I do have a ...\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\ without the 379233.

I do also have other folders in ...\DLC which hold components to addons I have purchased thru the Steam store.

Steam, or Dovetail Games, must have changed the folder structure since I installed FSX:Steam.

Guess someone over there decided we need to be kept on our toes. Learn something new they say.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

I am thrilled to see this resolved and confused as all get out as I do not have that folder.

My default planes are in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes

I do have a ...\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\ without the 379233.

I do also have other folders in ...\DLC which hold components to addons I have purchased thru the Steam store.

Steam, or Dovetail Games, must have changed the folder structure since I installed FSX:Steam.

Guess someone over there decided we need to be kept on our toes. Learn something new they say.

peace,

the Bean

It is in general an odd file. It is close to a copy of the airplanes folder. It has everyone of the default planes but the difference is that the folders mostly only contain the cfg files so if you delete a plane in the regular airplanes folder it will disappear but it reads the cfg files from the dlc folder even though there are different cfgs in the main airplanes folder

• 2 months later...
Hello StringBean. I was sent to you by Mr Zippy. Sorry...try not to blame him. I am an FSX-SE user and have approximately 700 hours of simulation time. I am kind of burning out on my current aircraft and have been attempting, and I stress (attempting), to download and install a few new aircraft programs. In the year plus I've had FSX-SE I've been successful only once in installing an aircraft and that was only because it had an .exe install icon. All of the other aircraft I have downloaded, I have followed the (read me) instructions to the T but no luck. I don't even get far enough to see the choice of aircraft in the Free Flight/Current Aircraft/Change link. Mr Zippy replied to me and said that installing aircraft in FSX-SE is much more complicated than most of the (read me) files explain and that you were the go to guy on this one. When and if you have time...could you please shed some light on this for me? I would sure appreciate the knowledge. Thank you. Dave R

You were not so much sent to StringBean. You were instructed to read StringBean's post in this thread, and what comes before.

This thread is all about someone else having trouble installing a plane in Steam.

It took some time, we explained every possible method. It finally led to a completely new solution.

So, read this thread from beginning to end. You'll probably figure it out that way.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well...shame on me. it's guys like you I had to work through in school to learn. Just because I'm not as quick as others...some of those others perceive or communicate to me as though I'm thick. Perhaps I am a little thick but I can tell you for sure that once I get it...I get it good. You see...I am struggling just to understand all this and where the information in a thread resides so I am fighting many levels trying to get to the bottom line. All I want to do is install a plane not learn to engineer space vehicles. Here's the thing though...I appreciate you taking the time to get back and give me some insight, even though I don't really see it yet. You seem like someone who likes to beat down those who have trouble learning so...don't bother with me anymore. I'll find the answers elsewhere. If I want to be scolded, I'll go to a site that specializes in that. Thanks anyway.

• 5 years later...

greetings to everyone from Venezuela

I wanted to know if you can help me, I have this same fmc installed in my fs2004, it works for me only that when I click on the map button, the gps image does not open ... open the map I get black

:pilot: Propliner Pilot :pilot:

Id start a new topic on the FS2004 forum - this is almost 6 years old!!

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs