Flightplan and Gwps placement help

flightquarters

Hey there Guy's.

Need your help with something, cant seem to figure this out.

Downloaded some flight plans from Air Cananda....Flightplans_S16_Air_Canada_Rouge.txt....However when i opened the folder, the readme doesn't tell me what to do with the files. Can anyone where to place these files.

Also many aircraft come with GWPS files, they never work after placing them into sound folders. Ive place them in the main FSX sound folder (Whole & Opened)..I also placed them into the aircraft sound folders..(Whole & Opened)..Nothing works i never hear the callouts when approaching the runway, what am i doing wrong?

Please help.

Downloaded flightplans.....Are you assuming these are for your flights or for AI aircraft? Usually downloaded plans are for AI aircraft and should go into Scenery/World Scenery folder.

I have never really had much luck with the GPWS files that come with aircraft. There are programs in the library that are more detailed in the readme instructions. I'll post a filename for the one I use.

boeing_callouts_fsx.zip

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Those textfiles are trafficplans that are not yet compiled to a .bgl file yet.

There is a program that can compile the three txt files into a .bgl.

the .txt files are I assume named something like:

Aircraft_xxxxx.txt

Flightplans_xxxxx.txt

and

Airports_xxxxx.txt

One contains the Aircraft used in the plan, one the Airport names and coordinates, and one contains the various flightplans that the traffic flies.

THe issue is, this plan is not connected to YOUR aircraft yet.

You would have to edit file aircraft_xxxxx.txt

so the list of aircraft in it refers to some of the AI aircraft you already have installed. (of the right airlines preferably)

And, in the file flightplans_xxxxx.txt

These same aircraft are referenced again, so it would have to match up with that as well.

After the editing, the compiling can be done with the older program TTools. (TTools=Traffic Tools, a FS9 program, that creates FS9 plans.) Issue there is, FS9 plans in FSX mean the FSX plans will not be shown while flying.

To get the new plan and your other FSX plans to all show, you have to convert your plan to FSX format after creating it.

A newer program for creating the .bgl file from the files is:

AIFP3

(AI Flight Planner 3)

It CAN compile directly to a FSX type trafficplan. No more conversion needed.

I prefer using AIFP3.

But to learn more about these .txt files, it would be good to look for an old guide on TTools. That will clearly explain the files and the process.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived