Callsign for Virgin America

EdK

Hello, could someone tell me what the correct callsign is for Virgin America. Everything I looked at says it is Redwood. I checked the aircraft cfg and it says redwood however fsx atc does'nt seem to recognize it.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ed

The callsign does, indeed, seem to be REDWOOD. My version of Editvoicepack doesn't recognize it, but I may be able to coax it out. You may need to do some work creating it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That is strange. I don't use the steam version. This is a WOAI aircraft, but to be honest, I have installed 45 of the packages and this is the only callsign that the atc wont recognize

Edk is it redwood, as the search has for us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_America

I got redwood to work in the boxed version but not using FSX steam. This is strange if you ask me... AD

I added it in the airlines.cfg on both versions.

I also added it to the airlines.cfg and it shows in the Details section of the aircraft select page but no mention by ATC of REDWOOD..just the flight number.

At the bottom of this page,in the similar threads section,someone posted a link to a download at a sim titled redwood callsign. I think you can download it to editvoicepack but I don't have any idea how to go about that. Ed

Zippy thats interesting, as it did call redwood 195 (my flight#) in the boxed version. Not FSX Se... and it didn't for you. who knows. I was using the default b737-800 for both tries.

Ed there should be a .txt within the zip file that will t provide the instructions for installation.

Happy :pilot: Flyin

At the bottom of this page,in the similar threads section,someone posted a link to a download at a sim titled redwood callsign. I think you can download it to editvoicepack but I don't have any idea how to go about that. Ed

It does work!

1. Download it from the AVSIM site and extract it to your desktop. It's a small file labeled Redwood voice.vcpmod.

2. Open Editvoicepack

3. Click file and in the dropdown click Import Modifications.

4. Go to where your download is, but don't worry that the file doesn't show in the desktop area. Just type in Redwood voice.vcpmod and click open.

5. You will get a message saying it was imported. close this message.

6. Click the floppydisc Icon (this is the SAVE) then click update Editvoicepack!

done!

Archived