Making fsx movies

I always used FRAPs but there are others.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I just looked up Shadow play, Couldn't find an answer for multiple or in my case triple monitor recording. Even with Fraps and Bandicam my recordings come out shall we say letter box ha! As for mattsmith28 Fraps has a demo as I recall and I found Bandicam the easiest for me but I forget what I payed oh what about FS Recorder as well? Though I don't believe you can use that to upload like YouTube.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

The way to go is FRAPS (payware but worth it). You can record clips in 4 Gb (YES GB!) portions (which is 2 to 3 minutes). Fraps records sound (some others DO NOT record sound!). Choose a key to 'Start/Stop' recording (I use 'Insert'). Start before or after Sim is running and minimize. Then it's available for 'Live' recording (anytime) or for recording Sim 'Instant Replay' footage.

Dowload and install FSRecorder (choose FS9 or FSX version). It's full of features so it has a slight learning curve, but you will learn quickly if you read the instructions.

You fly around for 5 mins. Then you use FSRecorder (under 'Add Ons' menu) and 'Instant Replay' all or part of those 5 mins, then record the 'Instant Replay' with Fraps. You can change views with 'Shift+S' key combo and also with 'A' key (as FSRecorder takes your 'F' keys for it's own use). With practice you can make nice videos for you tube.

Edit with Win's Movie Maker or buy Sony Vegas Platinum 11 (is very easy to learn - see YouTube videos for how-to). That's it. GO VIRAL.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Listen to Napamule, he's the one who taught me!

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I use the freeware Bandicam. it gives you 10 minutes worth of recording, but if you keep an eye on the time & pause your flight at 9 mins 45, wait for bandicam to time out. then restart it & unpause your flight...... I find that so far Bandicam gives the best quality.

I then edit with M$ moviemaker. Only snag with this is that there is a watermark at top of screen. I have made videos of my DH 90, 'Bunty' & Arrow Active, so there are links here on flightsim.

Keith

Archived