Engine Start procedure. AN2 [an2t_07.zip]

bmw1984

will not start with E or ctl E. Battery switch being turned on first doesn't help but when

I start another ac and switch back to AN2, battery switch is on and engine is running....

It starts very easy with Ctrl+E.

1. Battery switch on. Throttles at idle, mixture full rich.

2. Press Ctrl+E and as the engine turns over jam your throttles to at least 1/2 way to full.

3. Engine should run fine but it won't idle if the throttles are lowered too far.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

..but when I start another ac and switch back to AN2, battery switch is on and engine is running....

Okay, after you switch back to the AN2 with its engine running, SAVE the flight, then every time you boot up FSX and go to that flight, the engine should be running, so just open the throttle and you're away..:)

Has anyone found a way to start the engine without resorting to autostart? I haven't but the solution wasn't immediately apparent so I tried. I copied the Magneto and Switch panels from the C172 and replaced the existing magneto and missing trim panels respectively. I added the C172 electrical section to the aircraft.cfg and may have made a few other minor edits. Now I can turn on the fuel pump and crank the engine but no start. I noticed that by default the plane is severely overloaded but it takes off almost immediately after applying throttle. Strange airplane.

Jim F.

Archived