I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Need help with CH Yoke 200-615

Dmitri2

Hello ya all! I am absolutely new at the yoke, pedals, and the software. I really need help. I am able to get a visual of the Cessna 173, can play with the 8 position toggle, BUT nothing else!

When I use the throttle nothing happens. I can't get the prop to turn, can't get any movement to taxi, can't get anything. So help! If nothing else, how do I get the plane to move? Thanks!

Dmitri2

Ok, when you move the yoke and pedals, do the appropriate control surfaces move? Look at the outside view, and move a control axi. Does the control surface, say ailerons, move at the same time? If not, do you have a small, flashing message in red at the bottom left of the screen saying "Simulation PAUSED. Press P to continue"? If it does, Press the P key and see what happens.

Do you calibrate your yoke/pedals before you start flying? IN the sim, not with the Windows calibrater. Did you load the appropriate drivers for the yoke/pedal set?

If you have calibrated them properly, and the sim isn't paused, try hitting CTRL+E. That will start the engine (and thus get the prop turning) so you can get the bird moving.

It sounds like someone saved a plane in your sim as the default, with either the engine off or the sim paused, and that is what's giving you fits. I may well be wrong, though. I usually am...

Hope something in there will help you a little.

Pat☺

EDIT: Just a side note, not to quibble, but it's a C-172, not 173. Just saying.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hiya, I use ch pedals and yoke/throttle . I have assigned engine start and shutdown to two different buttons on the throttle. Go into controls and then assignments click in the joystick field then press one of the buttons on the uyoke or throttle to assign it to that action. You will need to go into the axis assignments to check the yoke, throttle and rudder movements. I am away from my setup on hols at the moment otherwise I could talk you through step by step. Good luck Stinger.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I have a yoke 200-615. I don't know how to even assign keys, nor what they would do. I wish the little pamphlet gave beginners instructions. And no, I tried playing around with the control but any other but nothing happens with any of them. I am totally dumb about this equipment. Presently the only thing that works is the 8 position hat switch. Thanks for your suggestion! I am so new at this I don't even know how to calibrate them properly. I've got to the CH website, check the downloads and still don't know which one to do. I am like a blind man trying to learn Braille.

Thank you for replying.I have a yoke 200-615. I don't know how to even assign keys, nor what they would do. I wish the little pamphlet gave beginners instructions. I'll keep on keeping on. I'm trying to read and research how to do all this but it's not easy at least not for me. It's like me trying to learn the ABCs. Thanks again!

I'm going to try your information and will have to get back to you. No flashing red message at the bottom left period. I have tried pressing P and nothing happens. I don't know how to calibrate anything. I appreciate your advice and will try what you've suggested. But actually I don't have a clue. Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my problem. Much appreciated!

To calibrate: Click on the Settings tab, left side of the window when you first load the game. On the Settings page, click on the Controls button, upper right side. On the window that opens, click on the Calibrate button, upper right area. A small window will open. Click on the Properties button, lower right side of it. Yet another window will open. On the upper left of it is a Settings tab. Click that. Then follow the instructions as they appear. When you are done calibrating, click Finish, click apply, click OK until you are back to the Settings screen.

Go to the Free Flight tab, upper left area. Select where you want to start, and what plane you want to fly. Click Go Flying, lower right area. You should finally appear on the runway of your selected field, in your chosen aircraft. If the engine isn't running (prop not turning, all engine instruments reading zero) click the CTRL and E keys at the same time to start the engine. Click the S key to get to the Spot View (outside view of the airplane. Hat switch on the yoke will move your viewpoint around as you wish), and move your yoke, to see if the control surfaces move also. If they do, click SHFT+S (shorthand for the SHIFT and S keys at the same time. Hold SHIFT and press the S key in other words) to go back to the cockpit. Advance your throttle lever and go flying!

Let us know if any of this works at all :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Push Left 'Alt' key and the 'Menu' (top of screen) will be visible. Then go click on EVERYTHING. You can't hurt the sim if all you are doing is LOOKING. Navigate to all the drop down options you are offered. The 'Settings' have a lot of choices. 'Visit' them all. You can always just back out with press of 'Cancel'. Nothing wrong with exploring. It should be exciting (and don't forget - FUN!!!). It was for me when I first started simming. Spend a little time on getting familiar with 'layout' and you will be fine. Get a copy of COMMAND KEYS (available in the download library here) and print it out, then keep it handy. In search key 'Command Keys' and you'll find a couple. Get them all. Compare and decide which you like. This proceedure will be norm as this site (and there are others) have a TON of variety and you will be swamped by paints, etc. Start small. Fly the Cessnas. Learn as you go. Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Demitri, breathe. Stop for a bit. I believe the problem is not that you don’t have the information you need but are overwhelmed by the all the information that is available including the good information in the replies on this thread. You are under no time pressure to learn. Look again at the advice of senior members, line-by-line, word-by-word, and experiment. Go to Utube and type CH Yoke, or FSX, or whatever the problem you are having. Experiment and keep a record of what you try and what the results were. You will get it right with patience. Little steps.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Dmitri,

Please let us know if you were able to get your Yoke Calibrated... then we'll proceed to the next step. Don't get frustrated; that's why we're here to help.

"Small steps", indeed.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived