What happened?

highnote

I guess I really pissed off the Microgods, but I can't get FSX to work after

a good ten years of fun. I get that dreaded "can't work, will get back to you."

Any thoughts?

Same thing with FS9. No joy! I really stepped in it.

Hopefully,

Highnote

Sorry to hear you're unable to fly at the moment, Highnote. :(

Can you give us some hardware/software specs so we might be able to help you and let us know if there's anything else going on with your PC?

Also, your post might be moved to the PC Hardware, Video And Audio Help subforum.

I'm also hopeful we can help you get the shiny side up and the rubber side down again. :)

Slammr

"can't work, will get back to you."

It would really help to solve your problem if you mention the actual error you're getting.

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

Don't go for system restore yet.

Go to Start. Search for Events Logs. Open View event logs. Navigate to Custom Views and then Administrative Events and locate the error by FSX.

I'll show you an example of the error details :

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x04f40000

Faulting process id: 0xb84

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5e7b4fec05cd

Faulting application path: E:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 85f639de-ca93-11e2-afac-00e04c054dc3

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Post your event log.

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

Don't go for the system restore yet!!! Always try the simplest solution then if it doesn't work, move onto the next simple solution.

As rishabk said, run the Event Viewer tool and get us an event log. This is the most helpful info we can use to troubleshoot your issue. The Event Viewer can be found under Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.

In Event Viewer, on the left panel, go to Custom Views > Administrative Events. You'll see a list of errors and crashes. Start from the top (newest first) and work yourself down until you see a log that contains the line "Faulting application name: fsx.exe"

Then copy the entire report and paste it here. It looks something like this (although in my case, I'm using Prepar3d):

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.0.10.14945, time stamp: 0x560b4abe

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571afb7f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003b2d5

Faulting process id: 0x4284

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ce6404ba703d

Faulting application path: C:\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 7cfac44a-ac64-4cac-8fca-6b1b7d94011a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

http://i.imgur.com/iMDlMAv.jpg

TseTse i5-9600K @ 3.7~4.5GHz | RTX2060 Super 8GB | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1TB Samsung 840EVO | Z390 Chipset | Windows 10 x64

Greetings from Maine.

I got the information: fsx.exe;10.0.61637.0;46fadb14;ui.dll;10.0.61637.0;46fadb59;c0000005;0003c963

I can't paste to this email from my desktop. At least, I don't know how.

Thanks,

Highnote

You are getting UIAutomationcore.dll errors, put the UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 or UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 in your main FSX folder.

Nowhere else. FSX will find it there and use it, without affecting any other programs

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?259469-FSX-fatal-error&highlight=UiAutomationCore

Put this UIautomationcore.dll version 6.0.6001.18000 in your main FSX folder. Nowhere else.

The sim will look for the file there first and run it for FSX only.

Other programs that need the Version: 7.0.0.0 uiautomationcore.dll will still have the one in system files and not be affected

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hey zippy,

Can you relate your suggested fix as to why both FSX and FS9 stopped working? And what made the problem recently show up? I was suspecting a problem common to both programs.

Jim F.

??:confused: Due to the UI.dll error for Highnote, the uiautomationcore.dll should be put into his Main FSX folder, if it's not already there. No relation to anything in FS9.

I wouldn't think what is causing FSX to go bananas is what is affecting FS9. (coincidence?)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If (but is 99% likely) a Win 10 'Update' messed things up, then a System Restore should fix both FSX and FS9. IOW it's a Win 10 related 'problem' and not a Sim problem. My 2 cents.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Unfortunately I can't start up FS9. I had this problem a couple of years ago and got

help from members who gave me a download to bypass what Microsoft had deleted from

FS9. I took my FS9 out and reloaded it, but no joy. It still lies dormant. Any thoughts or ideas?

It's a Windows Security Update from months ago. You need to use the FS2004 No CD file or see how to remove that one particular update from your system. The FS2004 forum has help for that.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Hi,

Come to the party a bit late on this one but.......

Whilst you can look in the FS2004 threads for the answer you may get a bit confused - purely because you are using W10 and many of the solutions found there will point to the problem introduced by MS onto W7/8/vista via a windows update (via KB3086255 - this update does not appear in W10) and some of the solutions offered will not work in W10.

Basically, the root of the problem is that Win10 ships without a utility called SECDRV - this is a Digital Rights Management (DRM) security tool used by MS on FS2004 and is the element that requires you to place CD 4 in the drive when starting the sim. It is also the utility that the KB mentioned disables, but does not remove, in W7/8/Vista.

Your only solution is to follow the first part of Jim's advice at post #20 and go the no cd route.

Regards

Brian

Archived